AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Anti Theft question

As most of you may or may not know, I just recently upgraded to the Z110BT and I put my D3 up for sale on ebay. I was just asked this question by a potential buyer.

Do you have a security code that came with this radio? Other auctions mentioned that thnx

I was unaware that the D3 had this feature until now and I never set it when it was first installed. I could only assume that whoever buys the D3 from me won't run into any problems. When I switched out the deck, I had forgot to take the DVD Nav disc out. So I brought the D3 into work so I could hook it up to a power-station so I could eject the disc. I no longer have the original box or any other paperwork for the D3, just the installation and operators manual. I also have no proof to show that I purchased it. Do I need to pull my auction from ebay because of this? Could someone please reply to this question ASAP as my auction has 6 hours left as of this posting. Thanks in advance all.

No, I don't think you would have to pull your auction as long as you were clear as to what you were including with it, proof of purchase is not required to sell on eBay. I am pretty sure that the D3 would be like my Z110, if you didn't ever set a password then it won't be needed. If you were able to get your disc out without being asked for a password then none is required.

Thanks for the fast reply, I just let the buyer know that they won't have any problems with the anti theft feature. Is there a code actually printed on any of the paperwork in the box? I just looked through all of my Z110BT stuff and I don't see anything. I figured out of all places, it would be on that yellow piece of paper.