AVIC411.com

X910 Voice control question

I just installed a X910BT in my car and I cannot figure out how to activate the voice controls. Accourding to the directions all you have to do is press the multi function switch, but that does not seem to do anything (if you hold it, it mutes the system). Is there a hidden menu somwhere where you activate the voice controls or did I connect something wrong?

Thanks

two things to keep in mind when trying to activate the voice commands:

1) the voice recognition software is about the last thing to load when the unit is powered on. if you press the knob before the software loads it will not do anything. make sure you wait about 2 mins before you try to use the voice commands.

2) you have to be on a source screen (AM, FM, ipod..etc..) or the map screen for it to work. if you are on a menu or a settings screen pressing the VR button will not do anything.

also, when you do press the VR button and you hear the chime make sure you wait an extra second before you start talking. if you start talking right after you hear the chime it will only hear half of what you say and will not work properly. look at the face icon in the upper left corner. once you see those purple dashes light up around the face icon it is okay to talk.

• 4 months later...