AVIC411.com

Updating 09 LData/SData on 60gig updated Z2/Z3

I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere but I can't find it.

I have previously installed a 60gig HDD with the Z3 image, upgrading my Z2 to a Z3.

Now to upgrade the upgraded Z3 with the new 2009 maps I believe that all I have to do is hook up that 60gig Toshiba to my PC and use the Recovery function in TrueImage to update LData and SData.

Is it that simple or am I missing something here :?::?::?:

Oh, and can I use an USB 2.5" hard drive adapter for this or do I still have to connect that hard drive as the master drive on my secondary IDE channel :?:

Yes and Yes. :)

Thanks Garrettoomey for your quick reply and all the work you're doing here!!

Re: your second YES, does it tell me that I can use the USB adapter.... OR does it tell me that I need to connect to the mobo? ;-):(

You can use a USB adapter. You only need to connect to the MB to permenantly disable the security using MHDD.

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE HELP! I'm worried that I've rendered my AZIC-Z2 unusable. Last year I bought Garrettoomey's 60GB HD to update to a Z3 w/2008 maps...worked great. Recently, I bought the 2009 map disc (CNDV-900HD) directly from Pioneer and was trying to install the 2009 upgrade last night. It was upgrading flawlessly until 37% completion, then it hit an error. Now, each time I try to restart the update it picks up where it left off (at 37%) and within seconds the error message reappears.

Since the password obtained from Pioneer's website is for one-time use, I assume that reinstalling the original 40GB Z-2 drive and attempting to run the upgrade on it will not work...since I've already entered the password on Garrettoomey's 60GB drive.

I imagine that calling Pioneer is gonna get me nowhere since they'll discover I have a different drive installed now. What should/can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Scott

post-10622-12872759879267_thumb.jpg

post-10622-12872759880018_thumb.jpg

Ok I had to hit retry about 150 times.. but it did keep upgrading. I was told by Pioneer that it had something to do with the locked/protected folders and thats why it ask. When you get to 48% it will take about 2 hours of hitting retry that is the maps for all the states being updated. Anyway about hours in all and I have a Z1 converted to a Z2 with all new maps. My street is now on the map... way cool... I still have to add the ground wire and test the bypass and see what happens... I will let you all know sometime tomorrow.

Okay, I found this post from 2007. So, maybe I'll try hitting retry/restart a couple hundred times and hope that it will keep progressing. But, any other help would be muy bueno.

You can reinstall the 40gb drive. the password that was generated on the Pioneer website will only validate against the serial number of the unit. You can upgrade unlimited number of drives, as long as it is installed in your Z. I ran the update disk on one of my drives with no problem. If you need me to fix your drive, just PM me.

Think I'll try hitting the retry button a couple hundred times first :roll: . If that doesn't work, then I'll reinstall the 40GB drive and install the '09 update on there. I never needed the larger drive for storage since I have all my music & videos on my iPod.

If I still can't get'r fixed, then I'll PM ya. Thanks G.

-Scott