AVIC411.com

Voice recognition works for Ipod but not phone contacts

My f90bt works great with my Ipod but when I try to make phone calls it has never worked. It never recognizes my phone book contacts when I say them. If it reconizes that I want to make a call it asks me who I want to call. Ill say the person I want to call but it never recognizes me. Its getting really frustrating! Can anyone help?

what kind of phone do you have?

what does she say when you try to make a call?

two main things to check:

1) make sure you have clicked the PHONEBOOK TRANSFER icon on your phone screen.

2) make sure the contacts in your phone only have numbers and letters and not any symbols. if you have any dashes, ampersands, slashes, perenthesis...etc... this will confuse the entire VR system.

After you say the person you want to call what does the voice say back to you?

Go to the main menu then clock on the contact icon. See how your contacts are labeled there. however it lists your contacts there is exactly how you have to say the contact's name. sometimes this differs slightly from what is listed in your phone.

Thats not the problem. if it is hearing you say "Call" it will also hear you say the contact name. the problem is that it is not finding a contact that matches what you are saying. there must be something preventing it from fully understanding your phonebook.

try to go into phone settings and clear the memory. then delete your phone from the navi and delete "Pioneer Navi" from your phone. reboot the unit and repair the phone and download the contacts.

i see this issue mostly with iphones. but i do know for a fact that iphone can work successfully with the voice commands. if re-doing everything doesnt work it has to be a format issue with your phonebook.

keep in mind that apostophes can affect the VR as well. so if you have someone named John O'Neil make sure you change it to John ONeil