AVIC411.com

I am using 8.3 2009.06 maps.(UK) I have cameras loaded on via testmode. They are pocketgpsworld files.

When I approach redlight cameras,they show up on my map as a speed camera and gives a speed. Is the AVIC able to catergorise different types of cameras?

Thanks

Yes, but you'd need to either make sure pocketgpsworld has correct camera type definitions, or edit them on AVIC itself...

Hi Boris, thanks for the reply

The pocketgpsworld cams come in 5 different files. Mobile, Gatso, Redlight, Specs and one other, that at the moment (I am at work) I can't remember. Is that what you mean?

If I have to edit them, how do i do this?

I assume they are prepared as text files for iGO import. If they are, you need to make sure that camera type value (third number in every line) is set properly. I.e., mobile cameras are 5, static ones (Gatso?) are 1, red light are 3 (if red light only) or 2 (red light and speed) etc.

Hi Boris, thanks for the reply

The pocketgpsworld cams come in 5 different files. Mobile, Gatso, Redlight, Specs and one other, that at the moment (I am at work) I can't remember. Is that what you mean?

If I have to edit them, how do i do this?

I assume they are prepared as text files for iGO import. If they are, you need to make sure that camera type value (third number in every line) is set properly. I.e., mobile cameras are 5, static ones (Gatso?) are 1, red light are 3 (if red light only) or 2 (red light and speed) etc.

Ok Boris had a look at the files. Yes they are conveted to text.

My redlight files are like this for example( -2.10271,53.42484,3,30,1,242) It says at the top of the page (X,Y,Type,Speed,DirType,Direction ) I presume that the 3 before the 30 is the type even though it says type twice with different numbers??

To be honest it doesn't matter what camera I approach they all show they same warning screen, which is a little cam, with a lightning bolt and the distance and speed of the cam, is that correct too? Or should the nav system tell you what type of cam it is?

Ok Boris had a look at the files. Yes they are conveted to text.

My redlight files are like this for example( -2.10271,53.42484,3,30,1,242) It says at the top of the page (X,Y,Type,Speed,DirType,Direction ) I presume that the 3 before the 30 is the type even though it says type twice with different numbers??

To be honest it doesn't matter what camera I approach they all show they same warning screen, which is a little cam, with a lightning bolt and the distance and speed of the cam, is that correct too? Or should the nav system tell you what type of cam it is?

Yes, this looks correct. The first TYPE value (3 in this case) is the type of the camera. The second, DIRTYPE one (1 in this case) specifies in which direction the camera is looking.

0 - 360 degrees, every direction

1 - one direction (specified in DIRECTION field)

2 - DIRECTION and opposite direction

Stock skin on the Pioneer just shows _a_ camera warning, with no regard to the camera type. Mods available here can show different warning icons for different types, though, and it is easy enough to hack even stock skin to show different icons. On map icons (little camera signs) are all the same, though.

So I guess then, that if my redlight is showing with speed, then there is not much I can do.

I have downloaded the speed cam mod, would that do the different icons?

Thanks once again for your help

Well, then it might be encoded as a redlight camera with speed checker. If they ar in a separate file and you know for sure that they are red light only, you could open the file in Notepad and do a global replace, change ",2," to ",3," -- that should mark them all as red light cams.