AVIC411.com

XM direct style tuner

So I got my 910bt all wired for the most part and everything is working but my xm tuner. I'm using the tuner off my old stereo which isn't the pioneer one but the xm direct pioneer adapter hooked to an xm tuner best buy got me a long time ago. It worked great on my 8600, but the 910bt doesn't even see it. I've checked it's power lead, it's ground, it's fuse and no luck. Does this unit just not work with the higher end head units? That would suck, cause that pioneer xm tuner is a monster compared to this setup. I'll have to find some major room to install that guy.

I have an hd tuner in between the sat tuner and the head unit. I've tried hooking the xm tuner directly to the head unit but no luck with that neither. Tried a different IP-bus cable. I'm also worried about my subscription... I have a great deal running with my radio ID. If I switch to a different radio they'll probably reset my terms and jack up my price to the current plan prices. :(

XM only charged me a small fee to switch radio id. All else remained the same.

If there is a reset button on your xm adapter press that along with the reset button on the 910 when every thing is hooked up and powered up.

I did not think the XM module to be all that big. The bus cable was long enough to put the module in the trunk.

Good luck

I just installed my 910BT last night and when I called to switch my XM over this morning they told me it would be 15 dollars to switch it. I told them that was ridiculous and asked her how much it would be to cancel. I told her there was no way I was going to pay $15 dollars for her to type in a few numbers. She put me on hold for about two minutes and came back and said they would waive the fee.

Hope that helps.

Yeah I ended up going to get the 920xm Pioneer unit after another hour of trying to get it to work. I've had that Terk one for a long time now, so it was time to upgrade anyway. I'm glad to hear it shows artist and song info at the same time. I just switched the radio IDs last night and haven't been back out to see how it works just yet.

Over all the unit works better than I expected, and I'm super happy with it. The only two things I've noticed so far is the boot time and the VR stuff hasn't worked the greatest so far. I run an HTC touch with winmobile on it. So I'm used to that and I'm fresh off of the install and haven't messed with mic positions yet.

Snowboard season is just around the corner and I plan on getting the most out of this system while stuck in traffic on the highway coming down. :P

• 1 year later...

XM only charged me a small fee to switch radio id. All else remained the same.

If there is a reset button on your xm adapter press that along with the reset button on the 910 when every thing is hooked up and powered up.

I did not think the XM module to be all that big. The bus cable was long enough to put the module in the trunk.

Good luck

No he's right...the GEX-P10 and P920 units from Pioneer are actually pretty large compared to other tuners (and even their own Sirius option).

By the way, I thought the "radio ID" for XM is actually associated with (and built into ) the tuner, not the head unit. If you're not changing tuners, then it should be the same ID, no?