AVIC411.com

Default Tilt and Zoom

Hey There.

So far i've been trying several mods posted on this site. First of all Thanks to all the people who make them. All of them are great and it's really dificult to choose one over the others.

But all the ones i've tried have the same problem for me. The default tilt and zoom settings.

Too much sky ( the map is very flat) and a very low zoom (the view is too far away) makes driving though town, especially without a route plugged, almost imposible.

I've been trying to fix this via the "map" and "smartzoom" on the sys.txt file with very little success. There are just too many entries i don't understand what they do.

So far, and looking to all the mods, i found related to this, this entries:

[Map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=10000

3d_min_tiltlevel=0

3d_max_zoomlevel=3000

3d_min_zoomlevel=40

3d_max_zfar=2000

[smartzoom]

minangle=81

maxangle=85

Can someone please explain what this values mean, what do they do, what range do they have and what is the effect of making them bigger or smaller.

Also Don't know if this settings just affect the default view(without a route plugged) or if they affect it when you have the route plugged and the smartzoom on.

This is driving me mad :D:D:D

Thanks guys

I understand your problem. Please take a look at your systemsettings/navisettings. there is possibillity to set smartzoom. Play with it and see what it do with your map.

Let us know. Otherwise maby you should download my sys.txt and try that.

• 1 year later...

<!-- m -->http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=54015<!-- m --> lists all (known) settings for SYS.TXT

Thanks Boris! Glad to see you are still around :)

The fix for my problem was to add in Sys.txt

[smartzoom]

maxzoom=140

It is now zoomed in close enough that the 2-3 street names ahead of me display as I travel. Much better than before, when almost no street names showed.

Thanks Boris! Glad to see you are still around :)

The fix for my problem was to add in Sys.txt

[smartzoom]

maxzoom=140

It is now zoomed in close enough that the 2-3 street names ahead of me display as I travel. Much better than before, when almost no street names showed.

Ouch. This was a year-old thread... :)