AVIC411.com

X910 Hacking Help...Got a few questions.

Hey guys/gals, My name is Brandon and i just recently purchased my new x910bt! I have owned many Avic models over the years and have always run a wired bypass from the parking brake so my Fiance' can watch her movies on our roads trips to car shows. But obviously you guys already know i can't just do it that way with the x910bt. :( My 2 questions are: Are any of you "more knowledgeable beings" in the Raleigh, NC or surrounding areas? And if so would any one be willing to assist me in hacking my x910bt to bypass the parking brake as well as loading up a few hacks that i have found through my lurking of the forum thus far?? Obviously i would pay you for what you think your time is worth! This would be EXTREMELY helpful for us as my HU is what keeps us busy on the road. I can build motors for cars but when it comes to computer software and doing things along the lines of what i need done, i am clueless :lol: If anyone would be able to help me, please PM me or contact me however possible! Thanks in advance OH KNOWLEDGEABLE ONES!! haha :lol:

P.S.- If noone is local to me, is there anyone on the boards that you guys have sent HUs to before to have them perform work on, that you guys trust?? As i said i am new here and don't know who the "old guy" of the group is that everyone knows and trusts to try these things. But i really need this done, as i am not savvy enough to perform it on my own.

But obviously you guys already know i can't just do it that way with the x910bt. :(

Well Brandon, i am here to cheer you up. the x910bt is the same exact bypass as the f series. Its a wiring hack and is very simple. Just do a search on youtube on how to hack a f series or a search on this site and im sure you will find more than enough info. I just did this about 3 weeks ago and my system works flawlessly.

But obviously you guys already know i can't just do it that way with the x910bt. :(

Well Brandon, i am here to cheer you up. the x910bt is the same exact bypass as the f series. Its a wiring hack and is very simple. Just do a search on youtube on how to hack a f series or a search on this site and im sure you will find more than enough info. I just did this about 3 weeks ago and my system works flawlessly.

My only question is on a scale of 1-10, how would you rate how hard it was to do? And id assume this requires opening the unit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 920 appears to run the same software as the Z110BT so the answer is likely not. Forget ever being able to hack another Pioneer unit as we have with the F/X series units. Future units will not run the same software as the F/X series so it wont happen.

Hi all , Just installed my new x910 into a 2004 Chevy impala I used a metra kit so as not to lose the chimes and I had to get a gm antenna adapter then I did the wire bypass grounded the light green and moved the yellow/black mute wire to the 4th slot as shown and grounded it together with the green one. At first it did not bypass then i pulled the yellow wire back out and pushed it in with the tip of my electrical tester and bam works like a charm i got DVD/map/address entry/ phone dialing while moving. thank you all for the detailed info.