AVIC411.com

MKV GTI?

I just put a Z110 in my 2009 Jetta Sportwagen. You can use the PAC stuff to do the phone button or go Connects2 (as I did) which doesn't give you the phone button but it gives you all the other buttons as stock and makes the OK button a change source button which comes in handy more often. Also the Connects2 is about 1/2 the price and is about 1/4 of the size of the PAC parts you would need:

33wql51.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just got the Z110 installed in my 2006 GTI MKV. Great fit. I used Connects2 module with Pioneer cable adapter... its one tiny unit instead of 3 PAC modules that you need and its a lot cheaper. I got it from a distributor in UK. Don't get PAC modules. they just don't work right in VW.

I can also confirm that the phone button does not work.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished installing a Z110BT in my 2007 GTI MkV complete with steering wheel controls. The PAC SWI-PS and SWI-CAN were all I needed to get everything working, including the phone button and voice command on the AVIC.

One issue I ran into with the phone button is that you can either have it (a) answer (B) hang up or © show phone screen. So I cannot answer AND hang up with the same button.