AVIC411.com

*HELP*700bt, new back up camera, now locked on camera screen

Hi I have a 700bt. It was working decently for the last month until I hooked up my boyo back up camera two nights ago.

The camera and unit work flawlessly for two days, until this morning. I took my truck to work and the camera screen would not come off after I put it in drive. It turned on, went to the fancy pic screen and then immediately went to the camera screen and stayed there for good. The cd that was in was playing but no screen would display except "caution camera view may be reversed" So tonight I got home from work and un-installed the camera from the deck and it still does the same thing. It will play cds sound wise, but will not do anything else at all, and will not display anything but "caution camera view may be reversed." I tried the rebut button to no avail. I cant get any screens at all except the camera one, and the menu and map buttons do not work. They dont beep or anything when pushed either, only the cd eject button works. I know nothing at all about electronics except wiring them together, so I have no idea what to do..

I dont understand this at all... It was running 2.0 before also. Any help??

That happened to me at first, and I had to undo the reverse sensing wire, and change the camera type from battery to ground. Not sure how it got there, but that was the problem. I think I actually had to put the truck in neutral to get it to come on long enough to go to the menu.

Thanks for the input. So your saying you had to have the cmaera hooked up and on with the vehicle in neutral for it to work?? Mine is stuck on the screen even with the camera unhooked. You think hooking it back up and actually viewing the image maybe the menu might work for me to get into the unit??

I unhooked the reverse wire to get it to quit going into reverse mode and that didn't help. I just hit menu as quickly as possible on startup, and ten putting the car in either drive or neutral did it. I even did a hard reset on the unit. Try unhooking the constant and the reverse wire for the camera, and unhookthe reverse wire

for the headunit. Then check the backup camera settings.