AVIC411.com

So im coming home from Ithaca yesterday, and my f90 tells me to turn down a road as part of the directions to get home. ...

The road is a DIRT road

The road is abandoned

The road is more like the course of the Baja 1000

The road then leads through a stream

The road then comes to a dead end in the middle of the woods.

Then i ask someone about it in the local town and the road has never lead anywhere and is merely a access road for hunters to get to the woods and kids to go down to make out.

Why is the F90Bt such a piece of shit and hte directions it gives suck.

Im so sick of this thing.

And if it asked you to turn into a lake would you do it?

this is not a Pioneer issue, it's an issue with any GPS.

Always be familiar with the route and be observant of where it takes you.

A GPS should never take you down a dirt road that isn't a road. I've owned a few GPS's and I've never had one take me down the road that this one did. The GPS that pioneer uses is just shit.

And if it asked you to turn into a lake would you do it?

this is not a Pioneer issue, it's an issue with any GPS.

Always be familiar with the route and be observant of where it takes you.

A GPS should never take you down a dirt road that isn't a road. I've owned a few GPS's and I've never had one take me down the road that this one did. The GPS that pioneer uses is just shit.

Complain to TeleAtlas... this is their problem.

So im coming home from Ithaca yesterday, and my f90 tells me to turn down a road as part of the directions to get home. ...

The road is a DIRT road

The road is abandoned

The road is more like the course of the Baja 1000

The road then leads through a stream

The road then comes to a dead end in the middle of the woods.

Then i ask someone about it in the local town and the road has never lead anywhere and is merely a access road for hunters to get to the woods and kids to go down to make out.

Why is the F90Bt such a piece of shit and hte directions it gives suck.

Im so sick of this thing.

Now that's just ludacris.

Allowing or Disallowing dirt roads is an option on the F-Series. Perhaps you should take another look at your settings to make sure you didn't check Allow.

The fact remain that road the gps sugested is a dead end! It shoudnt have sugested that road to start with!!

Amuse yourself to connect a portable garmin gps and ask it to give you a route and do the same with the pioneer; most of the time the route are quite different.The garmin road seem to be more "logic " then the Pionneer and most of the time it will be shorter.

It might be okay for somebody with his personal car who goes on a weekend to see a familly member and dosen't mind doing a few kms more and ariving a few minutes later but for a profesional like me( I drive a cab) with the clients in the car, i'm sorry but it just dosen't cut it.I need the direction to be dead on.I don't know if it a problem with tele Atlas or Pioneer but there is room for improvment to say the least.

I have an old avh-7500 connected to a avic 80dvd and the route sugested are sometime beyond wierd.Sometime a 2 km route turn into a 4km one.The best gps is still in my head and the experience I got from my job!

But I like the z110bt (the one i'm planning to buy) others functions so much that i'll probably end up buying it anyway.

I'll just use the gps to give a general indication of where I'm going but use my jugement to make the final decision. Or just buy a 2nd gps!!

The fact remain that road the gps sugested is a dead end! It shoudnt have sugested that road to start with!!

Amuse yourself to connect a portable garmin gps and ask it to give you a route and do the same with the pioneer; most of the time the route are quite different.The garmin road seem to be more "logic " then the Pionneer and most of the time it will be shorter.

It might be okay for somebody with his personal car who goes on a weekend to see a familly member and dosen't mind doing a few kms more and ariving a few minutes later but for a profesional like me( I drive a cab) with the clients in the car, i'm sorry but it just dosen't cut it.I need the direction to be dead on.I don't know if it a problem with tele Atlas or Pioneer but there is room for improvment to say the least.

I have an old avh-7500 connected to a avic 80dvd and the route sugested are sometime beyond wierd.Sometime a 2 km route turn into a 4km one.The best gps is still in my head and the experience I got from my job!

But I like the z110bt (the one i'm planning to buy) others functions so much that i'll probably end up buying it anyway.

I'll just use the gps to give a general indication of where I'm going but use my jugement to make the final decision. Or just buy a 2nd gps!!

I can't imagine that you'd have any trouble with 99%+ of your trips, unless you're a cab driver in Siberia or something. I drive for a living as well and I've never had any issues anywhere I've gone except one spot:

There is also a road out here where I live that USED to connect to the main road, but now dead ends. It was changed about a year ago, but there's no feasible way for Teleatlas to keep up with all of the roads in N/A in less than a year. I suspect the '09 maps were compiled starting in 08. Perhaps the Ithaca road was just an oversight since it MAY have at one point gone somewhere, and since then has just been completely overgrown or poorly managed, and whoever the roads dept is for that township may have neglected to inform Teleatlas. There are tons of possibilities for what could have gone wrong, so I personally wouldn't be so fast to blame Pioneer for a shitty product when it could have just as easily been any other issue.

Either way, that sucks. Just try to remember to not take that road in the future lol

Keep in mind that no GPS is perfect. GPS systems are a driving aid, not a fool proof means, especially when you get out in a rural area. Don't rely on any technology like your life depended on it to be fool proof, and don't believe everything it tells you as the best and only way. I use mine in conjunction with a map for this reason. If something doesn't seem right, stop, turnaround, and let the unit recalculate a different route which will then most likely take you down the proper road. And also like mentioned before, changing the settings on your unit can help prevent this sort of thing.