AVIC411.com

installing 2006 dodge ram 1500 quad cab

If you have the factory Nav, the dash kit for double-din will fit. If you have the radio with the funky little ears on it, you will need to get the dash fascia from Dodge for the Nav system unless you feel like doing a lot of fabrication, because the Nav dash doesn't have the pocket below the radio and relocates the opening down a bit.

As long as the kit is double-din, it should work fine. The new Dodge trucks finally went over to the same can-bus system as the 300/Magnum/Charger. The Peripheral CHYAH05 will work, plus, it will give you reverse light, parking brake and VSS outputs right from the module. It also has an output to connect to the PE-SWIPS. Sweet.

ok so if I got this correct I need the Peripheral CHYAH05 which will take care of all my wiring for the Z-1 radio. And I think I figured out that the SWI-PS is for controling the radio from the stering wheel. I don't have that anyway, so I guess that is all I will need. Correct.

Thanks for your help in advance.

ok I think I am going to give this a try.

Few questions

Where can I get power for my sirius unit, and the back up camera?

can i just use the stock speakers that are in my truck?

do i need a amp

i got a sept 06 z-1 what do i do for the full access of the unit.

I was told by a installer that pioneer wanted to be the 1st to make there system pretty much impossable to modify. He said you would have to take the radio apart and remove a gyro i think he called it. Is that true?

I got the CHYAH05 adapter for wiring is that all I have to wire, then just plug the radio into that and all the features will work like the speed sensor and stuff? I guess also what i am saying is it possable you can kind of walk me through the steps in installing this unit. I am kind of good at figuring this suff out. I guess i am still alittle nervous because this is a new truck and alot of money for this system to just *f* it up. But the install cost so much I thought I try. Thanks in advance

Jim

i got a sept 06 z-1 what do i do for the full access of the unit.

I was told by a installer that pioneer wanted to be the 1st to make there system pretty much impossable to modify. He said you would have to take the radio apart and remove a gyro i think he called it. Is that true?

No, absolutely not. I don't know about the other stuff, but the bypass for full access is amazingly easy for a sept 06 unit. Go here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

And follow the instructions for the 07/06 units at the bottom of the page. Just ground 2 wires, that's it.

• 2 weeks later...