AVIC411.com

Trouble entering an address on a Highway or Route?

I don't recall if I had this issue prior to the 3.0, but my Wife called today because she could not enter a destination address on Rt 23 in Riverdale, NJ. The Problem being that you cannot type in the word "Route" or "Highway" or "State Highway" or even just the #'s of the highway. It would go directly to 2nd street, while I was trying to type the 2 of Rt 23. What is the trick an address or destination on a Highway or Route Highway #?

Thanks

Someone please go to their car and try to enter a manual Desination address that is located on a "Highway #" or "Route #", use a Highway # that you know. Let me know if you where able to manually put in a address, and do not enter the address using a POI. I tried using "HWY" or "Rt" or just the "#'s" and none of those are an option for me. :? I have emailed Pioneer Support to try to get a response from them, nothing yet . I will call Pioneer Monday and try to get an answer. Thanks

Someone please go to their car and try to enter a manual Desination address that is located on a "Highway #" or "Route #", use a Highway # that you know. Let me know if you where able to manually put in a address, and do not enter the address using a POI. I tried using "HWY" or "Rt" or just the "#'s" and none of those are an option for me. :? I have emailed Pioneer Support to try to get a response from them, nothing yet . I will call Pioneer Monday and try to get an answer. Thanks

For highways, Instead of HWY 3235, I have to put in LA 3235, since it is a state highway. You could also try FM # (FM Being farm to market road)

I will try that, but what does "LA" stand for? I have never heard of either of those.

Louisiana

Another abbrv, but used in Texas, is SH for State Highway so you'd have SH31 instead of TX31. Hell, find the road on your GPS, target it by tapping it to put the red target on it, then look for POIs around it. See what road it says they're on.

Hey Bopper, you were so close; for Rt 23 you need to enter it as "State Route 23",. I'm in NJ and I ran into something similar looking for an address on Rt 22. Just remember its a computer and you have to enter things the way they are stored on the database to get a match. Hope this helps.

Just tried to enter The word "state" in several towns I know are located on Rt 23 and I can only get as far as the "STA" and then I just get 2 road choices "Standish" and "Stanton". Has anyone actually tried to enter the address or am I just getting theoretical advise? I have 2 other Nav's, a 2008 Ford Factory Nav and a Garmin Nuvi, they are just so easy, just enter the #'s of the highway and you get lots of options. The 900BT is in my Wifes Expy, so I cannot remember if this was a problem prior to updating to the 3.0.

Just tried to enter The word "state" in several towns I know are located on Rt 23 and I can only get as far as the "STA" and then I just get 2 road choices "Standish" and "Stanton". Has anyone actually tried to enter the address or am I just getting theoretical advise? I have 2 other Nav's, a 2008 Ford Factory Nav and a Garmin Nuvi, they are just so easy, just enter the #'s of the highway and you get lots of options. The 900BT is in my Wifes Expy, so I cannot remember if this was a problem prior to updating to the 3.0.

I'll have a look for you, what state are you in and around what city should I be looking for this Rt 23 in?

I have tried every abreviation imaginable. My problem is not Rt 23 specific. I have tried numerous highways without success. I am thinking this is a new problem that came along with 3.0 because my wife swears it worked correctly before the 3.0 software change. I would appecate someone checking, thanks.

I just tried it in my car, I went to NJ, Riverdale and hit "23" and was prompted with "State Rt 23", just like it should have done. I am running the 2009.06 maps though, so maybe Teleatlas made some serious errors in the 2008 maps you have with 3.0

Bopper I did some further checking and it looks like your problem with Rt 23 is associated with the crummy maps that came with 3.0. I have a 90Bt with the latest Teleatlas maps 2009.6 and I have no difficulty entering an address on rt 23. When I type "STA" it goes to "state hwy 23 or state route 23" right away. I then put on the older NJ map from the update (1.5 - 2 yrs old now) and encountered the problem you are seeing. When typing "STA" it does not give me state route 23 as a choice. I think you would benefit from the newer 2009.6 maps. Just another note, sometimes highway addressing goes in as "state hwy or state route" an other cases I've had use "US route #" for it to work, at least in New Jersey.