AVIC411.com

Trouble entering an address on a Highway or Route?

I was under the impression that when I added the 3.0 I was getting the newest maps. How/where do I get the latest maps?

No, Pioneer probably bought the maps for all their AVIC's at the same time rather than getting the latest and greatest when they came out with the 3.0 update like they ought to have. Your maps are actually from December 2008, my maps are from July 2009.

You can upgrade your maps yourself but it may brick unit if you do it wrong. You'll also be voiding your warranty. The instructions are so:

Download the map upgrade

Download the updated ezRider.exe

Download the updated license file

Unzip the files, erase anything to do with Puerto Rico and Mexico in the buildings\, poi\ and map\ directory. *

Copy the files onto an SD card (4gig at least so you can do the backup)

Boot into testmode.

Do a full backup on your AVIC

Pray to the Baby Jesus that you don't mess up

Delete the Building\, dem\, map\, poi\, speedcam\ directories in \Apl2\iGo\Content\

Copy the new building\, dem\, map\, poi\, speedcam\ directories for the 2009.06 update into their new homes.

Copy the ezRider.exe on top of the existing Apl2\iGo\ezRider.exe, yes overwrite.

Copy the license file into Apl2\iGo\Content\License, don't delete any of the existing stuff, it isn't hurting anything.

Cross your fingers and reboot.

Fin!

* I erased everything outside of the lower 48 US because my car will likely never go out of the country, ever.

I run into this on occasionally. I think the best thing to do when it won't find the number Highway you're looking for, is to type the address (Town, State), click City Center, and then hit the on-screen Map button (not the round one). From there, it will be very obvious where the Route or Highway number is. Then zoom in and see what the Street name is.

For example, it won't find Route 3 in West Chester, PA for me. BUT, when I typed in West Chester, PA, city center, map button, I found that Route 3 also goes by the name W Chester Pike.

When I put the address in as ### W Chester Pike, it worked.

So as stated before, it's a computer, so it's looking for exactly what it has in its database.. which is kinda annoying sometimes. Just whenever you get to your destination, save it in your favorites and you won't have to worry about remembering it again :)

I just got off the phone with Pioneer. They said that they are aware of the problem of losing the ability to type in highway addresses with the 3.0 and they need to collect as many Problem Reports as possible in order to justify that this is a real problem that needs to be corrected. They state, that as of this time there is no known fix, but they are aware of it. If you have this problem also, please call them and report it, the more reports the better.

HERE IS THE PHONE # FOR PIONEER SUPPORT 800-421-1404

I just got off the phone with Pioneer. They said that they are aware of the problem of losing the ability to type in highway addresses with the 3.0 and they need to collect as many Problem Reports as possible in order to justify that this is a real problem that needs to be corrected. They state, that as of this time there is no known fix, but they are aware of it. If you have this problem also, please call them and report it, the more reports the better.

HERE IS THE PHONE # FOR PIONEER SUPPORT 800-421-1404

rofl

Well in any event, I don't have the issue and I have 3.0.