AVIC411.com

F500BT - Cannot boot in service mode

I cannot boot in service mode (blue screen) my F500BT.

I boot the device (with the power-up button) and when the splash screens is shown I push the power-up button (the one in the bottom of the front panel) together with the reset button for 5 seconds, however I don't get into the blue screen.

I tried also to push the 2 buttons in other ways (do it at different times of the startup phase, keep them on for more than 5 seconds, boot with or wothout the SD card....) but nothing changes. Depending on the situation I get the normal boot sequence or the device turns off.

Any suggestions you can give me ?

thisi is what you should do

To get to the service menu hold Power and Reset for 5 sec.

Passcode is MAP,MAP,MENU,Enter (center of joystick),MENU,Enter

Once in Service Menu the reset button is the only way of navigating. Short push move through options. Push and hold for 1/2 sec selects option.

got it from this thread

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25838&p=175895&hilit=service+menu#p175895

I tried again, but no blue screen.

Do I have to press the 2 buttons together during the startup sequence (splash screen), before or after the front buttons are lighted for a moment or after the device has normally booted the Kiosk ?

I want to update to 3.0 because my F500BT when the IGO is working, sometimes starts beeping continuously for some minutes, then it stops and does it again randomly later, and this is a very annoying bug.

I think Nobody has a really 3.0 on his F500. Or you must buy it. The WinCE is different to the 900/700er Series, i have also tried to update this, but i didnet work.

I have upgrade my F500BT. The Versions-Number is still 2.00700 (EU), but i have the new Functions (Igo 8,3 with other Maps works, 2D in Front while Navigating, Real-3D with Sky, tree´s, buildings).

Hi DodgeNitro,

do you mean the PLT posted here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27581

does not include the wince upgrade to 3.0 ? Where is the difference then vs the current wince ? Only the new version of the Kiosk ?

To have the new Igo with the new features you can just replace the APL2 folder with the one in the dump file for F700-F900 (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25838&start=90 )

It worked on my F500BT

However it does not solve my historical bug (I have it since the first official update) that is the reason why I am trying to upgrade wince and/or the Kiosk:

the system beeps continuously for some time randomly and adds pins to the Igo route while disabling (probably for excess of activity) the touch screen. After some time magically either the beeps stop or (sometimes) reboots the IGO, and I have to reboot the Avic.

Everything runs good with Leetlauncher + Igo or Tomtom, but in this case the standby mode does not work and to get the GPS signal after the full reboot it takes 3 or 4 minutes...

I will try to replace also the APL folder from the F700-F900 dump, but I doubt it will work

Hi,

i tried also the links you have posted, but it didn´t work. I could update the wince (blue screen), but after that, nothing going on.

Right, i have also only replace the complete APL2, but from this Thread viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26625.

I tried then the Gurjon Skin, but didn´t work. Now i have the Mod from the igo8.gpssoftware.us and it works all correct.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to enter in te middle of your discution... but I need help!! i´m desperate...

its about 2 weeks that I'm searching inside forum and otherson the internet and cant fin a way to put another maps on F500BT... Im from Brazil and already has the files for iGO8.3 downloaded...

please can some of U give a hand for me?!??

thanks everyone..