AVIC411.com

I was wondering if anyone had any idea why my illumination setting keeps getting lost when i turn my car off? Half the time it starts where i set it and half it does the demo color change. I also lose my custom color settings memory. Eq and all the other settings including my splash screen are fine. Tried search but couldn't find help.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suspect a fault with the constant power going to the AVIC. It may be a loose connection or possibly an internal fault with the AVIC. I would start by checking the constant power wire to make sure it is connected securely, and to make sure it has +12 every time you turn the car off. If the constant power supply is fine then the fault may be with the AVIC internally.

• 10 months later...
I was wondering if anyone had any idea why my illumination setting keeps getting lost when i turn my car off? Half the time it starts where i set it and half it does the demo color change. I also lose my custom color settings memory. Eq and all the other settings including my splash screen are fine. Tried search but couldn't find help.

+1 I have exactly the same problem and it's annoying as hell!

Sleightofhand: did you find a way to keep your setting? does pressing memory longer works, like someone suggested?

Any more ideas guys?

• 1 month later...

After commenting on this post a year ago I now find myself with the same problem. I updated my X910 to the 3.0102 firmware last week and ever since then it will not save my custom illumicolor settings. if i create a custom color and save it to memory 1 2 or 3, it will hold it for the timebeing but will revert back to "SCAN" when the car is powered down. however, if i choose one of the pre-set colors like RED, BLUE, GREEN...etc... it will keep that color forever as it should.

nothing changed except for the 3.0102 update. i am not losing any other info associated with a loss of power (i.e. radio presets). anyone else having this issue?