AVIC411.com

Hands Free Bluetooth poor sound quality

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know reverberation has been an issue with the previous Z's....

I've played with it forever and tried nearly everything...

I've found that it's all about the mic's location, in which the very top/left corner of your windshield, between the actual windshield and a-pillar, is the absolute best location for it...

Also, from my understanding, is that the noise cancellation is done in software, and not in the mic itself... I could be wrong, but that has been my findings...

I have a new 110 installed in nex Mazda CX9. Had to replace one unit due to issues. Had problems with second unit caused by steering wheel control module. Unit seems to be working well at moment except for annoying buzzzzz sound when using blue tooth. It is on the outgoing sound. Incoming seems to be fine. Technician called the buzzzzing sound "floor noise"created by the amplifier in the radio. I think the mic is terrible. Have had constant problem when using voice features. Continually says " I didn't hear what you said ". Just had mic moved to bottom of mirror and it seems to help on talking to the command center but has not helped the buzzzzing sound for the receiving people listening to my phone calls.

I think we all will need help on this.

Tincupdon

• 2 weeks later...

im completing the install and making sure everything works. i have found that the mic makes noise. it sounds like a wind tunnel or a slight buzzing sound. i verified it cuz i called myself from a different phone to see what everyone was talking about. i hear a lot of ppl saying that moving the mic. i'll try that 2m morning and i'll try the electrical tape. i figure its just interference from the actual unit. hopefully, i can find a fix cuz im itching to complete the install and put my center console back together.

Duner2, did you find a fix for your C?

Have had constant problem when using voice features. Continually says " I didn't hear what you said

Tincupdon

This is likely related to not hitting the OK button before the BT connects. We have verified on this forum that if the BT connects before you hit the OK button for the map screen the VR will fail for both audio sources and BT calling. Try leaving the unit on the map screen when you turn you car off so that the OK button will be the first thing you see on the screen when you re-start. You may find your VR works a lot better.

im completing the install and making sure everything works. i have found that the mic makes noise. it sounds like a wind tunnel or a slight buzzing sound. i verified it cuz i called myself from a different phone to see what everyone was talking about. i hear a lot of ppl saying that moving the mic. i'll try that 2m morning and i'll try the electrical tape. i figure its just interference from the actual unit. hopefully, i can find a fix cuz im itching to complete the install and put my center console back together.

Duner2, did you find a fix for your C?

Unfortunately I haven't found a fix yet. I tried the tape thing and moving the mic all over the car. I think its a bad mic but I don't want to go through the trouble of pulling the unit out until I'm sure that is the problem.

• 1 month later...

Oddly enough,

I can use the VR function for my ipod, switching sources, etc, but when I use the VR to say "call ...." then it always tells me that "I didnt get that" then just automatically cancels the command after about 3 tries. I have a touch pro 2 so I will try the jetware function, and tape up the sides to see if this helps. Any other suggestions are definitely welcomed.

Yes, I'm hitting the OK button prior to the BT connection. I also asked people how I sound and even called my home and left a message both with the same result: Very muffled, and difficult to understand talking. I placed the mic on the top left corner of my car. I drive a Honda Element and not sure if its the way that it is designed (Open spaced), or if it is a bad mic. Please advise...

Yes, I'm hitting the OK button prior to the BT connection. I also asked people how I sound and even called my home and left a message both with the same result: Very muffled, and difficult to understand talking. I placed the mic on the top left corner of my car. I drive a Honda Element and not sure if its the way that it is designed (Open spaced), or if it is a bad mic. Please advise...

Is the mic exposed?

By exposed, Are you referring to whether there is tape over it. I placed electric tape over the sides, and the VR is still having problems understanding what I am saying when I say "Call .." or even " Play artist...On my previous Z3, I didnt have this problem so Im not sure its my phone. Where did you place your mics...where have you found the most success in mic placement. Is there another issue I am overlooking?