AVIC411.com

Hands Free Bluetooth poor sound quality

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife's avic z110 has crappy quality on the bluetooth mic, however the porsche I installed on did fine with it and sounds much better. The Porsche mic was mounted under the steering column pointed towards the chest of the driver. Very odd how it works well and her's sucks!

I'm gonna try the handsfree volume adjustment then re-pair her phone to see if that helps any. Fingers crosssed.

My wife's avic z110 has crappy quality on the bluetooth mic, however the porsche I installed on did fine with it and sounds much better. The Porsche mic was mounted under the steering column pointed towards the chest of the driver. Very odd how it works well and her's sucks!

I'm gonna try the handsfree volume adjustment then re-pair her phone to see if that helps any. Fingers crosssed.

for troubleshooting's sake... What vehicle and where was the mic on your wife's rig?

What Porsche as well? <--all models are different....

You shouldn't leave this stuff out....

I had an f90bt in my f-350. People couldn't even tell I was on handsfree. Just installed x910 in my volvo xc90 and people complained about the sound, and not hearing me/breaking up. I figured maybe cabin design and mic being closer due to smaller cabin. possibly more speaker feedback. I took some foam from the bottom of my iPhone box and zip tied it around the mic. So far all calls have had no complaints. If it continues for another couple days I will do a more permanent foam cover solution. Just passing it on in case someone else wants to try and give their results.

Are you sure that the AC vents aren't pointing in the mic's direction????

Soooo many people do this.... seriously!!!!<---My wife included<-- I constantly have to tell her to redirect her A/C vents in her BMW E70 X5(factory stuff)

I had an f90bt in my f-350. People couldn't even tell I was on handsfree. Just installed x910 in my volvo xc90 and people complained about the sound, and not hearing me/breaking up. I figured maybe cabin design and mic being closer due to smaller cabin. possibly more speaker feedback. I took some foam from the bottom of my iPhone box and zip tied it around the mic. So far all calls have had no complaints. If it continues for another couple days I will do a more permanent foam cover solution. Just passing it on in case someone else wants to try and give their results.

Are you sure that the AC vents aren't pointing in the mic's direction????

Soooo many people do this.... seriously!!!!<---My wife included<-- I constantly have to tell her to redirect her A/C vents in her BMW E70 X5(factory stuff)

Positive. They can't even direct at the mic. Plus for humor today during a bad call I tried turning off the ac and no difference. 9 outta 10 calls are perfect. Just every so often a crap call.

OK same problem here...I did some tests to hopefully narrow it down

I have a Z110BT updated to Z120bt and a Blackberry tour

Used a house phone and called the car...you can hear alot of background noise.

I moved the mic to everywhere in car and still same

I put tape on it still same.

While it was on a call I cut the mic wire in half...still same!

I then wired to my factory ford rear view mirror mic...still about same maybe worse

Then I press mute on the phone..and the bad sound totally disappears

So is it the phone?

I had a lot of problems with my 9630 Tour and my Z110BT. People said it sounded like I was in a waterfall when I spoke to them while on the BT.

Anyone upgrade to the newest update and try it? SD Card #2 updates the Bluetooth files in the Z110.

I just updated mine, but have not tested the BT yet.

It might be helpful if people who are having problems, posted what type of phone they are using, as well as the vehicle information.

I have the same call quality problems as others here and am using an HTC Droid Eris. The factory stereo/mic in my Chrysler 300C had excellent sound quality and unfortunately has been the only regret I've had about installing the Pioneer Z110.

I have tried messing with the phone volume on the phone itself, but it had no affect to the radio bluetooth volume

For the Blackberry Tour is there a seperate volume for the bluetooth? not that I was able to find

I meant at the time that you paired it.... Where was your BT volume at the time that you initially paired the phone<---it's a very crucial part to this

Not sure on the BB.... If it's anything like the IPhone, you have to actually be on a BT connected call to change the BT volume.... Which is best to connect it to a handfree ear piece, prior attempting to connect it to the Avic...

More details on my issue

When I am having a conversation on bluetooth everything is clear and loud....but

When I dont speak there is annoying background noise and the micorphone like amplifies the noise and it sounds like a window is open

now If i press mute on the phone the bad sound disappears and if I unplug the mic while connected it still sounds bad

its soo frustrating!