AVIC411.com

F90bt...no sound from the rear speakers

My friend who is a semi professional car audio installer just did mine but we have a problem. The unit was having trouble asking for a password but he left to drive home before we got around the problem so he had no time to test the setup completely. Anyway I got the unit working but for some reason I am not getting any sound from the rear speakers. I took off the rear door panels and tested the wiring to the crossover with an AA battery and am getting clicking out of them so I know those are correct. I have them wired directly to the headunit as I only have an amp for the front speakers so we figured we would make use of the built in HU amp. Long story short it's all hooked up at least to the speakers and crossovers but my only guess is there is some secret setting that I have turned off or that the amp in the HU is blown but I can't test that theory until I go get a multimeter tomorrow.

If anyone has any advice or knowledge on the issue pppplllleeeaasse let me know. Thank you.

My friend who is a semi professional car audio installer just did mine but we have a problem. The unit was having trouble asking for a password but he left to drive home before we got around the problem so he had no time to test the setup completely. Anyway I got the unit working but for some reason I am not getting any sound from the rear speakers. I took off the rear door panels and tested the wiring to the crossover with an AA battery and am getting clicking out of them so I know those are correct. I have them wired directly to the headunit as I only have an amp for the front speakers so we figured we would make use of the built in HU amp. Long story short it's all hooked up at least to the speakers and crossovers but my only guess is there is some secret setting that I have turned off or that the amp in the HU is blown but I can't test that theory until I go get a multimeter tomorrow.

If anyone has any advice or knowledge on the issue pppplllleeeaasse let me know. Thank you.

Check the fader and flatten out the EQ, then turn all audio sources and go into the Rear Output and make sure it is set to "Rear SP" and NOT "Subw"