AVIC411.com

Issues with the VR Voice calling/dailing

We just installed a Z110bt into a 2009 Sierra, and we are having issues with the VR,

It works great, well as good as VR technology is right now, for POI's, switching to IPOD, XM, Radio, CD, DVD and all of that.

But for the phone it won't let me make calls using the VR, as soon as I say " Call 780 555 555" it says it does not reconize the command, or say "call home" or "call kathy" or any names in the contacts that have been sync'd up, just says it did not understand the command.

Has anyone had this issue yet? It was doing this the a Blackberry and a LG phone. The Bluetooth calling otherwise works great and 100%.

We also put in an X910bt into a different vehicle earlyer in the day, and the voice dailing worked 100%, was able to say "call 780 555 5555" and it would call the number I was saying, or call the contacts I was trying to call.

Also on a side note, does anyone know how to delete bluetooth phones out of the memory on the Z110BT, I called pioneer techs and they said that the only way to delete is to pair up 5 phones and try to pair a 6th and then it will let you delete one of the phones to replace it. They even said a hard reset will not delete the paired phones. I also called them about the VR calling and they said they have never seen an issue with this before, and had no answer for me.

Won't call it a solution, but here's a couple workarounds. I've had the same problem intermittently.

For me it's more reliable if I use the VR commands Help>making a call>call 1234567890. Works every time that way, as though the VR system knows the next command is call this number.

The other workaround is the override described elsewhere in these forums, which also enables the dial pad while moving. As far as I'm concerned, that's a heckuva lot better than taking your eyes off the road and fumbling with a cell phone keypad (not to mention being illegal here in CA). I don't think the driver of a vehicle should ever have hands on the phone.