AVIC411.com

F90BT w/ Ipod Video 60GB movies not working! Why??

I have an upgraded 3.0 F90BT unit, and for some reason, none of my ipod video movies are working on it? Music works fine, but movies, it shows they are there, but when I click on one, it just gives me a blank black screen the whole time!

Please, why is that??? I got all the video cables hooked up properly too. And even tried setting the ipod to "tv OUT" and it didn't work.

I have the same problem with my 60gb ipod video and my F700.

The problem appears to be only with my video podcasts which are in apple quicktime .mov format. All videos that are .m4v play without a hitch. I only noticed the problem half an hour ago, but then again, I only got my ipod cable for my deck yesterday...

60gb ipod has latest firmware, and was just formatted yesterday. Using iTunes 9 which I understand has a new database format than itunes 8 and previous, if that makes any difference?

Currently looking for a solution..

Using iTunes 9 which I understand has a new database format than itunes 8 and previous, if that makes any difference?

Currently looking for a solution..

Thats not your problem. Encode your podcast to an .m4v to see if it solves the problem.

Yeah, you were thinking along the same lines as me... I reencoded the quicktime files to m4v's and they play without a hitch.

Is there a known incompatibility with the avic and .mov files? I figured if the iPod could play it, it would display on the avic. Must be something with the TV Out on the iPod itself. It would be interesting to know if other iPod models have the same issue.

Is there a known incompatibility with the avic and .mov files?
That wouldn't make sense because when the iPod is playing movies through the AVIC, it is using the composite video cable. Maybe you should check the RCA connections from the iPod cable. I had a problem with my left speakers cutting out on iPod and the connection was the culprit.

Good luck!

Im really lost. I have gotten to get a video long time ago to work, so i know the cables are correct for sure. but however, everytime i choose the movie, and it starts playing, it just goes blank black.

Yea - mine does that too. I just hit the screen to bring up the controls and press play.

so for that, this works???? i m gonna try it later today when im back in my car.

Try up-dating your ipod with the latest up-date.

ipod is up to date and so are itunes.

:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?: