AVIC411.com

Rear View camera

Hey guys, any of you dealt with the wireless rear view camera?

I have a convertible and rather avoid lining up wires. So I found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wireless ... ioQ5fVideo

Looks too good to be true and almost free?

Haven't dealt with this particular one, but the one I got in Costco at some point was utter crap. Good thing Costco takes things back, even if they were installed... :)

It worked OK when both the receiver (it came with its own screen) andthe camera where sitting on the bench. In the car, unless the transmitting and receiving antennas where aligned _just right_ (and I think Sun being in Capricorn or something like that also was important) all you could see was snow...

It is easy to install as long as you are comfortable with

a) finding and tapping into the power and reverse wires at the back of your vehicle

B) running the cabling to/from the head unit to the back of your car.

c) mounting a camera using the existing bolts/screws from your license plate (the easy step)

There are only four wires to connect

+12 (while ignition is on) and ground to power the camera.

+12 or ground (depending on your vehicle) of the reverse signal to let the HU that you are in reverse and to activate camera mode automatically.

RCA video signal cable from camera to the camera input on the HU.