AVIC411.com

Please help with bluetooth F90BT :/

ok hey guys... well i got my system installed, everything hooked up and works ***knock on wood*** except one thing. I installed my bluetooth and transferred all the numbers into the contact book on the F90-BT, now when a call comes in to my phone, and bluetooth picks it up, the call is ALWAYS "unknown number" even though all those numbers are stored inside the system and the phone....

Any way to make the system actually show me who is calling?!

Thank you in advance!

-Paul

stype1990@aol.com

• 4 weeks later...
What Firmware are you running and does your bluetooth screen show your correct cell phone model No. and correct carrier. It should. I had some of the same problems before when I was running 2.0 Upgraded to 3.0 and all those problems whent away.

I had that issue with 3.01 and 3.02 firmware.

Bluetooth works fine and shows correct model.

When I start a call (by contacts or by tapping the numbers on the screen) I do not see the red phone icon and do not know how to end the call if I want to.

If I recieve a call I get to see the green and red phone icon and the volume adjustment buttons. I can 'pick up the phone' but ending the call does not work. Even so that screen does not dissappear until I reset my AVIC or stop my phone's bluetooth... My sound (radio, navigation) is also gone after recieving a call. Need a reset to get it working. Same issue in 3.01 and 3.02... Very dissapointing

I have the same problem on F900BT in my wifes car still running 2.0 you can try to end your call on your cell. That should disconnect the call. On my F90BT if I use the contacks touch screen it changes to the map screen and I get the red Icon w/Vol up and down, and they work. If i use Voice it does the same thing it works. Each phone connects differently to the AVIC. I have two different LG phones. My EnVee touch works the same on both AVIC's My wifes does not. Joans works just fine on my F90BT 3.0 but has the same problems yours does on her F900BT 2.0

Running updated software on a iphone 3G S and I get the same problem. I have to dial from the unit to get the caller ID to show. If I get an incoming call and they are listed in my phone and the unit I get the "unknown" error. I basically have to use my phone either way.

I'll be lurking if anyone has any ideas.

Hello,

my issue is very similar: the phone connects ok, agenda is downloaded ok, BUT: when I receive a call, I don't see the caller name (although it is on the agenda), and also the call history is not saved on the HU, so I cannot redial a number. It seems the phone doesn't send the caller ID to the HU.

Also, same problem about green and red buttons to initiate/end a call: if I call someone using HU, the buttons don't show up and the music is not silenced; if someone calls me, I get those buttons, but ending the call doesn't work and the unit basically is silenced until the next reboot :cry:

NOW: this seems to be aproblem with different BT stack implementations: with my previous Nokia E66, everything worked perfect; now, I changed to a HTC HD2, and I have these problems.

So it seems solving the communication is a matter of synchronizing the two ends, either on the phone or on the HU.

• 1 year later...

I had that issue with 3.01 and 3.02 firmware.

Bluetooth works fine and shows correct model.

When I start a call (by contacts or by tapping the numbers on the screen) I do not see the red phone icon and do not know how to end the call if I want to.

If I recieve a call I get to see the green and red phone icon and the volume adjustment buttons. I can 'pick up the phone' but ending the call does not work. Even so that screen does not dissappear until I reset my AVIC or stop my phone's bluetooth... My sound (radio, navigation) is also gone after recieving a call. Need a reset to get it working. Same issue in 3.01 and 3.02... Very dissapointing

I know this is an old thread, but I just got my f90bt and am having a very similar problem. For the most part i believe I see the end call button, there was one time that I didn't, but i've only tried using my bluetooth like 4 times, and 2 of the times, after I hang up a call, then there is no sound anymore? has anybody figured out the reason for this, does anybody think the mute/video watching bypass, could be the problem? thanks