AVIC411.com

Thoughts on this compass for 3d view

Let me know what you think of the compass surronding the car arrow. So far I know I need to make the orientation letters a little more visible. Disregard the the compass in the upper right. I will be setting a code for that to show only in 2d mode. This is still a work in progress. Not sure what the final outcome will be yet or if it's even worthwhile having.

post-24694-12872759862794_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you think of the compass surronding the car arrow. So far I know I need to make the orientation letters a little more visible. Disregard the the compass in the upper right. I will be setting a code for that to show only in 2d mode. This is still a work in progress. Not sure what the final outcome will be yet or if it's even worthwhile having.

you beat me to it, i was searching through the iphone amigo skin for that,

one question, does it also tilt depending on your tilt setting?

I don't think it does, though it might and I can't really see it. There are tilt parameters in the vpr file. So far I tried 40 and 60. Still playing to see what the best setting is regarding visibility.

I don't think it does, though it might and I can't really see it. There are tilt parameters in the vpr file. So far I tried 40 and 60. Still playing to see what the best setting is regarding visibility.

i see, i also just found the setting for it in the skin, xenon compass is what sbertaud calls it BTW

i see, i also just found the setting for it in the skin, xenon compass is what sbertaud calls it BTW

It's just 3d compass in the file I got it from. I found it on a car-pc forum running IGO 8.0. Who's sbertaud?

It's just 3d compass in the file I got it from. I found it on a car-pc forum running IGO 8.0. Who's sbertaud?

not sure who he is but he's a skinner like gj

http://www.i-go8.com/2009/09/sbertaud13-skin-for-igo-my-way-2009-on.html

I see. I guess I never came across his work since I don't have an Iphone.

Check out the stuff on here, bear in mind this is for IGO8 pre 3.0 so some of it may need tweaking to work, plus they're resolutions are totally different than ours. I interested in trying to get the skin switcher to work on our units similar like gurjon uses but for our pioneer skins.

http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/show ... 5&page=184

Check out the stuff on here, bear in mind this is for IGO8 pre 3.0 so some of it may need tweaking to work, plus they're resolutions are totally different than ours. I interested in trying to get the skin switcher to work on our units similar like gurjon uses but for our pioneer skins.

i guess it would be nice to have a skin switcher though the one problem would be whenever you change a skin it needs to restart and i don't know how you'll force our unit to do that

i guess it would be nice to have a skin switcher though the one problem would be whenever you change a skin it needs to restart and i don't know how you'll force our unit to do that

For the 500 users it would be pretty easy just to re=boot. The in-dashers I guess can get familiar with the reset button or possibly a restart button or exe as part of the zip itself?

I notice your reduced signposts, that's more like the size I want to have them, any pointers please bud?

There's a couple different ways to approach the reduced size. You can try IDT's method or see this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26901

Since you were also having issues with your signs being green I sent you a PM with some files to put in the common folder. Which ever way you approach it, let us know the outcome.