AVIC411.com

Amp setup with avic-f700bt with two speakers...

Hi folks,

I've got an AVIC-F700BT, with two Alpine Type-S (240 max watt, 80 rms) coaxial speakers. I was told that I could set up my amp, a 300watt dual channel amp, to increase the power to these speakers. I was told that they speakers would do the lows, mids and highs, even plugged into the amp.

I've plugged everything in, but I'm only getting bass out of them. I turned sub-woofer off in the menu, no sound at all.

Is there a setting I'm missing or anybody know how I would achieve this setup?

if they are full range speakers, then you need to pulg the rca's in to either the front or rear outs instead of the sub outs (since when you turn off the subs the sounds cuts off this means that you probable plugged the rca's into the sub out)

also make sure that the LPF is turned off, either set it to hpf or full range and the settings on the amp

i would also be careful about how much bass you send to them, when using a high power amp, full range speakers play mids and highs great but they cant handle too much bass or lows (thats what subs are for)

Hi folks,

I've got an AVIC-F700BT, with two Alpine Type-S (240 max watt, 80 rms) coaxial speakers. I was told that I could set up my amp, a 300watt dual channel amp, to increase the power to these speakers. I was told that they speakers would do the lows, mids and highs, even plugged into the amp.

I've plugged everything in, but I'm only getting bass out of them. I turned sub-woofer off in the menu, no sound at all.

you probably don't have the +12v remote turn-on hooked up. I'm going to guess that you hooked it up to the antenna +12v wire rather than "remote system turnon"

Hi folks,

you probably don't have the +12v remote turn-on hooked up. I'm going to guess that you hooked it up to the antenna +12v wire rather than "remote system turnon"

so you think that because the amp is only getting the turn on signal when the radio is the source, is the reason that he is only getting bass out of the speakers, i think you should re-read this and guess again, if he hooked up the power antenna wire instead of the amp turn on, then he would get no sound until he turned on the radio and then at that point it would sound normal, which is not what his problem is.

the fact that he is only getting bass means that there is a crossover filtering out all of the mids and highs. that crossover is either on the amp or its the internal one for the AVIC.

since the sound stops when he turns the subs off in the settings, that would point to the amps rca's being plugged into the sub out on the radio. the funny thing is this would also account for there being no mids and highs in the sound since the sub out has a LPF(Low Pass Filter removes mids and highs before sending the signal to the amp since the subs cant reproduce mids or highs)

Hi folks,

so you think that because the amp is only getting the turn on signal when the radio is the source, is the reason that he is only getting bass out of the speakers, i think you should re-read this and guess again, if he hooked up the power antenna wire instead of the amp turn on, then he would get no sound until he turned on the radio and then at that point it would sound normal, which is not what his problem is.

the fact that he is only getting bass means that there is a crossover filtering out all of the mids and highs. that crossover is either on the amp or its the internal one for the AVIC.

since the sound stops when he turns the subs off in the settings, that would point to the amps rca's being plugged into the sub out on the radio. the funny thing is this would also account for there being no mids and highs in the sound since the sub out has a LPF(Low Pass Filter removes mids and highs before sending the signal to the amp since the subs cant reproduce mids or highs)

after re-reading I see I misunderstood his question but there is no reason to come off like a dick when pointing out others mistakes.

whoa there chief, I'm not being a dick, the guy asked a question, you misread the problem, I'm just trying to show(both of you) exactly why i believe what the problem is and breaking it down and showing the trouble shooting steps so that it can be remedied easily with out him having to try to fix it twice. especially when some body tells him it a very easy fix and way off, Don't get mad at me because you made a mistake, and I took the time to show the OP how to fix his problem and show you where you made the mistake, i don't know you install back ground, you either could have either simply misread the problem, or you also could have no clue to what is going on and just be throwing answers out there, That is not for me to try to figure out. I'm just here to use my knowledge to help other people fix there problems, which is what i did before you started throwing out wrong ideal. slow down, read the entire thread, see if what everybody else is saying makes sense, and then expand on it if you can, then if you find wrong information point it out so no one makes a mistake trying to fix something that is not the problem.