AVIC411.com

Clean unmodded F90BT, constantly reboots

I have an unmodded F90BT, and it was upgraded to the 3.0x firmware through the Pioneer supplied update SD cards.

It has worked fine for a couple months since the update. Until recently out of the blue... Constant reboots, about once every two minutes.

Since it's unmodded, I dont have a backup per say, short of the supplied Pioneer supplied SD cards (which I tried to reinstall, and it didn't work)

So far I've only tried the one workaround about deleting the gpspar files from the root of the flash disk. That didn't help.

What are my choices now to get this working? I've yet to dive into the Pioneer SD cards to see if the full installation is there that I can reapply, and I've tried to torrent the files, with no luck.

Can I downgrade to 2.0 and reapply the SD cards? Help me. It seems this is happening to quite a bit of folks across various models, so I'm sure someone has experienced this.

Have a problem. my constantly reboots every 10 seconds. i Had that happen before but i hadenough time to the bios screen and format the 2 files. and reboot to wince and replace everythin else.

But at this moment everytime i get to the bios screen, it reboots before i can copy any of the files.

does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this constant reboot. =(

filety, i was having that problem and my solution was whenever holding in map menu eject and reset i would let go of map and menu and eject at the same time. you should let go of eject then wait a split second then let go of menu and map. It gives you unlimited time to change the settings. Hope this helps. Worked for me.

Alright, searching for the torrents, and downloading files... Will see if I cant get it within the next couple days. Right now the torrents are going to take a while it seems(26hrs days).

Then it's just a matter of going into test mode, and copying over everything in the flash drive right? Or do I need to format the flash drive first?

he has already deleted the gpspar files with no results! My guess is a windows file got corrupt and will need to reinstall windows ce.

Looks like I shoulda read the entire post... I was in too much of a hurry to help out. It worked nicely on a friends avic. I wonder if deleting all of the .sav files would help short of reloading everything?

I have almost the same problem! Just installed the 1. disk(SD card) (3.0 upgrade) the unit started to reboot. After re-booting "fatal error screen" came up and the unit is re-booting every 3 minutes with the "fatal error " screen. Tried re-setting it, inserting SD card again etc.... nothing.

I think the unit is going back to Pioneer, after I talk to them in the morning.. After that it's getting sold. :evil::twisted:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27590

I had the same problem on the 2.0 software. Something on the WinCE side got corrupted and it went in a continuous cycle. It is fixable, at least for me. It takes tinkering...but you will get it. Format your "harddrive" to start and upgrade the windows CE files. You'll be fine, Avic and all!

-Hagan92

Funny you mention it...

I got the p910xt.zip file off a torrent, from searching google for it.

used steps here on this forum to get into test mode, unmount, format the flash disk, and copied over all the new files.

So the problem is fixed! :) I did notice a handful of 0KB files with foreign characters, you know squares and funny lines and the like. They couldnt be deleted manually, only formatting would remove it.

But anywho, it also gave me a chance to add some hacks to the above mentioned zip file, and get it all done in one wack :mrgreen:

This was all done tonight

This forum rocks.