AVIC411.com

F700 Black Screen after start up (splash screen)

Hello,

I have had my F700bt installed and working properly for about 7 months and today I went to start the car and got the splash screen but then the unit just goes black. A couple times I have been able to hit the menu or map and the screen comes back and I tried adjusting the screen (brightness) and its at 10. Then upon any restart of the vehicle the splash screen is displayed then the black screen. I do not have any software updates that I have attempted to upload and the unit and it currently has 2.0 software (which came with the unit) I aslo checked all the wires on the wiring harness both AV and power and also checked the fuse in the back of the unit as well as the fuse locations on the vehicle itselft. I am not the most technical type of guy so a simplistic response or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time!

I do apologize if this has been posted before but I searched and nothing was directly relevent to my specific problem.

Hi,there is a board for troubleshooting here too.

Did you have a look?

Did you try to reset your unit? Probably some preferences became corrupt.

Did you apply the latest update from pioneer site?

If you see the splashscreen, most likly the unit is technically O.K.

Hi,there is a board for troubleshooting here too.

Did you have a look?

Did you try to reset your unit? Probably some preferences became corrupt.

Did you apply the latest update from pioneer site?

If you see the splashscreen, most likly the unit is technically O.K.

yea sorry I thought this was placed in the troubleshooting threads. Mods if you could just slide it over when you get a shot it would be greatly appreciated.

I tried the latest update and had some issues. When I go to select voice language the unit locks even though program language is set a English. So essentially I can't upgrade/modify/select the tts settings. It just displays a bunch of squares to the right of "voice settings"

also after the update I gained basic functionallity to the unit but now when I plug in my iPhone the audio is stuck at a certain level and will not go up or down. The iPhone worked just fine before the update, it's a 3gs. So that's where I am stuck currently.