AVIC411.com

TR7 bypass work with newer z1s ?

I don't have a huge choice of installers in my area, and found one that runs a clean shop and does nice finish work; however, when i spoke to him about the bypass methods identified on this site he insisted the TR7 method is the most reliable. Does anyone know if the TR7 method will work with newer Z1s? (mine is coming direct from Pioner this month - Nov 06). Are there any problems, limitations? with using the TR7 method?

I'm also having him install a DEI alarm/remote starter at the same time - not sure if that affects any of the bypass methods.

I'm going to ask him to try the grounding method described by Ducatiboy first - not sure if he's even willing to give it a try.

Any advice/lessons-learned appreciated.

Well, if you get one and it was built after July 06 then a TR7 will do absolutely NOTHING for your Z1. If your installer thinks the TR7 is a solution for newer Z1's then he either hasn't done one or is not very knowledgeable or very reputable. TR7's (or my circuit) will not work for those.

If your Z1 was built before July 06 and your installer thinks TR7's are more reliable than mine, that's probably cause he has experience with that one, there is nothing magical about these, just mine doesn't need programming, where the TR7 does. After the TR7 is programmed correctly, it's fine, but it will only work for June 06 and earlier ones.

I would push the 2 wire grounding directions because if he tries the TR7 all he will do is waste his time and end up doing the 2 wire grounding in the end anyway.