AVIC411.com

Greetings,

I just purchased the AVIC-Z110BT; they installed the unit in my 2002 Lincoln LS, which had the Alpine stereo from the factory. I have noticed the following issues:

? When I start the car a very loud pop come out of the rear speakers

? The first screen that is presented is the emergency brake connection problem

? The unit does not go into the night mode, even though automatic is selected

? People complain about the sound quality of the Bluetooth connection, this did not occur with my previous Parrot

? When I go into the navigation settings screen the speed pulse does not provide a reading when the car is moving

? The illumination of the unit is very bright, especially at night

? The radio does not stay on as did the factory radio did when I remove the ignition key, it previously stayed on for 10 minutes

I have an appointment scheduled to review the issues with their technician on Friday, can someone advise what needs to be done to remediate the issues?

1. Reminiscent of the problem with Mustangs with the shaker system. Installation of a diode is used to eliminate that problem.

2. Installation error, have it looked at.

3. Installation error, have it looked at.

4. Is yours not sounding good? Mine sounds fine, unknown.

5. Installation error, have it looked at.

6. Hold down the HOME button for 2 seconds, this will display the BRIGHTNESS screen. Not having the illumination wire connected as in number 3. will also contribute to this problem.

7. Common with Ford vehicles after install of aftermarket head unit install. There are special harnesses for the Mustangs that retain this feature as well as eliminate the problem with number 1.

These guys really did a lazy job with your install and they should not be installing nav systems if they can not do any better then this. They may also tell you that connecting the VSS wire requires an additional charge. Call them on that bull shit if they try it. The VSS is there and should be connected just as the speaker wires should be connected. I would insist they fix the issues here and I would seriously consider never having an install done by them again.

You want bad? The installer that did my 06 Lincoln LS left the HU not mounted flush (slightly tilted), there's a buzzing noise in the driver side front speaker (that increases with speed and I can hear stuff like wipers, etc.) and there's a loud pop when the factory subwoofer amp turns on (even though I've already instructed him to install a series ~2kOhm resistor).

• 1 month later...

Also the E-break warning could be because your installer only connected the E-break cable with out using the speed sensor. I had that issue too. Contacted Pionner with my details they all told me that the warning goes away as soon i connect the spd wire. By the way you had a newbie installer...

• 1 month later...