AVIC411.com

How to: add left/right announce of destination

Off topic but...

I do computer work but I am nowhere near Philly. I am in So Cal. I just started my own computer service but the Economy Sucks!!! big time here in So Cal so I am not getting many calls yet. I have to keep pounding the pavement (so to speak) to drum up business. Seems the people that do call want you to work virtually for free.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to load to my avic f900bt the software i download in format zip and unzip it still no luck.. need help on this.

Install the zipped file in "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\content\voice" folder. DO NOT UNZIP THE TTS FILE.

Where did you try to install it unzipped at? You need to find all those files and delete them so it does not interfere with other things during boot up.

I updated the first post with clearer instructions on what to do with the TTS file.

I copy this to a sd card ....download/file.php?id=7994 it is a zip file and plug in to the avic and turn on the key won't download. how to download this file...thanks..B

How did you plan to update the sys.txt file? Remember the first post said two things are required for this to work.

This is not an auto-installer. The location to install on the nav unit is on the first page. You need to manually access the "MyFlashDisk" of the unit to install this mod.

What other mods have you installed on your unit?

Well i had just updated with 3.0 but how to acess the "my flash disk" I never go to this are yet and don't how to access it please help...Thanks "B"

Start here http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18977

You need to be 100 percent sure you want to access the "myflashdisk". One wrong click and you can brick your unit. You have a lot of reading ahead of you.

F.Y.I All

I tried the left right destination announce using Samantha and found it too unreliable. About half the time it announced the destination on the wrong side of the street. In one case I know the nav knows the destination is on the right but the announce says it is on the left.

Example of wrong announce:

I went to Fry's Electronics in Anaheim, CA. It is at 3370 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806. When I approach Fry's is on the right but the destination announce says I reached my destination on the left. If I approach heading west the nav tells me to go past Fry's and make a u-turn (it must think there is a divider) then again it tells me I reached my destination on the left. Obviously it knew it was on the right or it would not have told me to make a u-turn.

F.Y.I All

I tried the left right destination announce using Samantha and found it too unreliable. About half the time it announced the destination on the wrong side of the street. In one case I know the nav knows the destination is on the right but the announce says it is on the left.

Example of wrong announce:

I went to Fry's Electronics in Anaheim, CA. It is at 3370 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806. When I approach Fry's is on the right but the destination announce says I reached my destination on the left. If I approach from the west the nav tells me to go past Fry's and make a u-turn (it must think there is a divider) then again it tells me I reached my destination on the left. Obviously it knew it was on the right or it would not have told me to make a u-turn.

No matter if you approached from the east or west samantha said it was on the left each time? So far I haven't experienced anything like that. The only place it's been wrong is when my home address was entered, the map data had my house on the north side of the street so it said I reached my destination on the left. I then programmed my house with an even number and it's been right since. I'll have to try it coming from the other direction some time and see if there's a difference. Every where I've routed to it's been correct. Has any one else experienced something link vansmack2? BTW - There have been 150 downloads so far and one issue reported. Let's hear the good and the bad.

The only place it's been wrong is when my home address was entered, the map data had my house on the north side of the street so it said I reached my destination on the left. I then programmed my house with an even number and it's been right since. I'll have to try it coming from the other direction some time and see if there's a difference. Every where I've routed to it's been correct.

I approached my home from the opposite direction and the announcement was correct.

As I said for the Fry's location, when approaching heading west it would tell me to go past Fry's make a u-turn then end up approaching Fry's heading East (due to the u-turn) and be told it was on the left. It would not tell me I arrived until I made the requested u-turn and go back like it wanted. I did not try turning u-turns off. Also there is a light to turn into the Fry's parking lot so the nav is a bit screwy for this.

I tried several other locations on my way home from Fry's and it was about 50/50. I can try some more and see what happens.

I was using the dpdurst flag mode and stock Samantha TTS voice. The only thing I did was added the line to my sys.txt file to enable the announce. Is there anything else that might need to be done?