AVIC411.com

Z110BT bypass not working

I moved the wire in the harness over one spot.

I grounded the parking brake line.

Many functions are still unavailable when moving. I also get a waring message at startup that states the parking brake wire is not properly installed (or something to that effect).

Any ideas?

re-read the instructions and check all your connections. Every instance of someone having an issue with the bypass not working has been solved by re-tracing their steps and verifying that all connections are intact and secure and making the proper connections.

Make sure that the re-located mute wire is firmly seated and making contact.

OK I found out what I did.

I used the Axxess AFSI-02 kit for my wiring. It had me conenct the mute wire to one of its wires and not ground.

So late (very late) last night, I ripped opent he dash and cut that mute wire and spliced it into a ground wire.

BUT, even though the bypass is now working, I have a strange issue;

When my I start my Ford F150 Lariat 2009, the new Z110BT starts normally, splash screen, plays audio from its last connected source. Great. Then my Ford SYNC starts up and announces its usual "911 Assist is currently set to off". BUT, then the Z110BT unit reboots and restarts for a second time after I initially turned the ignition key.

Please advise. It did NOT do this prior to grounding the mute wire for Bypass.

Dont you have to have a head unit in the vehicle to have sync? If you have a factory head unit in the vehicle with sync, why do you have a Z110? Your not making any sense. Do the bypass as instructed and take the damn sync crap out and it might work without all of these crazy off-the-way problems.

The Sync module is NOT part of the head unit. It located under above the headunit.

Oh and in a F150 Lariat, I have a unique multi line LCD screen that displays Outside temp, Driver side climate control temp, Pasenger side control temp, Direction (N,E,W,S) as well as Vehicle health report menus, Bluetooth options, Phone menus, contacts etc.

When the head unit is plugged in, it will display Sirius data, AM/FM stations, Multi CD changer etc.

In the F150 Platinums or Lariats that have the OEM Nav from SONY, all the above is displayed on the NAV itself and the LCD screen is not present. So you see, the screen must stay.

OEM NAV :http://www.f150online.com/forums/members/fishnfool-albums-my-09-fx4-picture16108-rsz-09f1501-09-007.html

Your not going to be able to interface anything from the Z with that system. If the other features require the Sync then certainly it would have to stay. The steering wheel controls to control the Z will need to be interfaced with the PAC SWI-PS. Trying to some how interface the Z with the Sync is going to cause problems. If its causing problems with the Z then you need to rewire the Z the way it is suppose to be wired, not through the Sync.

My suggestion is to move the mute wire back to the original location on the head unit and connect it back to the proper location on your Axxess AFSI-02 kit. Place a fresh wire with the ends stripped into the location on the head unit for the bypass, others on this forum have done this, you just have to figure out a way to have it make good contact and stay in there, then connect the other end of that to ground.

There is no reason why the MUTE wire must be used for the bypass, it is just a convenient way to do it if you do not require the mute wire for any other use. Hopefully this will take care of the multi boot issue you are having.

Also verify that you are using the correct bypass location on the HU.