AVIC411.com

EXT1 And EXT2

I have F90BT. I would like to know If I plug in a CD-RB10 cable into the blue port on my GEX-P920XM and an audio source pluged into the cable will the EXT1 or EXT2 become active. I have a rear DVD player and would like to have the audio come thru the system. Thanks Jeff R. :?

Thanks Terron. I tried the CD-RB10 cable into the blue port on my GEX-P920XM and was not able to get it to work. I might need to use the CD-RB20 its powerd and can be in line with the IP-bus circut. What is EXT1 & EXT2 used for ?

The manual says something along the lines of "For future use"

Thanks terron. Yes I read that as well. I did get a CD-RB20. The installation sheet say's The CD-RB20 must plugged into the radio first. " IF A IP-BUS Device is currently plugged into the radio, disconnect the IP-BUS cable from the radio and Reconnect it to the IP-Bus input on the PIO/P-AUX. Connect the External device being used to the RCA inputs of the PIO/-AUX " I am going to try this tonight I'll let you know. Thanks Jeff R

link http://www.pie.net/

• 2 weeks later...

To M Moogle

Yes it does work, but I did not use it. If any thing you connect to the audio source input's on the RCA's has any signal at all it automaticly shuts off any other source coming in on IP-Bus and plays whats on the RCA input. So if you have XM or any thing else on your Bus you will not be able to turn them on or switch them on. Now if you can mute the signal coming in it might work for you. It does not work for me. I have a rear flip down 12" DVD player my Three year old son watches. He use's his wireless head phones but sometimes we all want to hear the movie and thats just great, but I like to use my I pod for music or video. I can mute the rear DVD player but it shuts off the IR for the headphones. So saying all that I have run the audio RCA output from the rear DVD player into the back of the glove box and connected a CD-RM10 cable and just plug into the AUX 2 input Works Great. I have my Ipod cable running right next to it in the glove box. In short the F90BT and F900BT needs to have more than one rear A/V input. I think that EXT 1 and EXT 2 will be able to be used as inputs when Pioneer comes out with an update. Maybe somebody has a hack to turn them on. I do not like cables where I can see them but it's ok I put them all away when not in use and my Ipod lives in the glove box anyway :(

One Owner 21.000 Miles

F90BT 3.0 Firmware

XM

32 Gb Ipod touch 2nd Gen

7 " Screen up front in dash

12" rear flip down DVD

Dual A/V input on DVD Player

Bose 5.1 sound

Full Bypass

post-37027-128727600057_thumb.jpg