AVIC411.com

Just purchased F700BT - can I get 3.0 update?

Hi guys, I just today purchased a F700BT unit at Best Buy (was their last one), and so far I love it. Works great, although I do with it would start up faster. From what I have been reading here, there is apparently a 3.01 firmware update out there, mine is loaded with 2.006. Is there any way I can get the new update from Pioneer since I just bought my unit today, and it seems like this firmware has been out a couple months? I would really hate to have to buy it for $60 when I just now bought the unit. If anyone can offer any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Yeah I was on the phone with Pioneer & even spoke with a supervisor, they consider the 3.0 update 'optional' and he basically said if I wanted that updated functionality I should have purchased the X710 instead. Great customer service. Good thing I know how to use torrents.

I hava had same answer in Spanish Pioneer.................so f*** off them............now I´m searching for the 3.0 european firmware.....................if someone know where it is...........I will be very grateful.........

Yeah I was on the phone with Pioneer & even spoke with a supervisor, they consider the 3.0 update 'optional' and he basically said if I wanted that updated functionality I should have purchased the X710 instead. Great customer service. Good thing I know how to use torrents.
  • 2 months later...