AVIC411.com

SD CARD & USB not reading

I did a search and didnt find anything related to the SD Card lost not reading as well as the USB not reading.

here are the details.

SD CARD SLOT ISSUE

the HU detects that there is an SD card in the reader but always says loading data. I tried 4 different cards, some loaded with data some with just a few songs. I get nothing. with the HU on, I eject the SD card, HU shuts off. Oposite when the card is inserted, turns on but never loads.

USB PORT ISSUE

the light went off in my head and said to myself.... "Self.... you ID10T!!! you have a USB port also!" so I loaded a small 2GB Thumb drive with music, plugged it in and the same ole thing.... always says that it's loading. The HU knows it's there because if I unplug the USB drive, it turns off or goes into standby... When I plug it in to the HU with the HU on standby, it turn on, but I get nothing.

now on the USB as well I tried loading songs differently... 1 in a folder and 1 from the root directory... still nothing.

The stereo has NOT shown any signs of misfunction or lack of response other than hanging up from a Blue Tooth call which is normal from what I understand.

All firmware updates have been done so I'm sure it's not that.

lastly.... this is the ball buster here!

I boughtis unit from Amazon.com as a factory reconditioned unit from Pioneer. Came with a 1 year manu warranty. I filed a claim with Pioneer and they won't honor the warranty becuse they claim that Amazon.com isnt an authorized dealer of Pioneer Electronics. thats gay if you ask me!!! Further more... if I can't get these 2 ports to work, I've spent $600 on nothing more than a GPS and CD player!

also... can someone please tell me WHY there is a Circuit City ad at the botton of the page?

circuitcityad.gif

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY SD CARD SLOT. ALL IT WOULD DO WAS SAY LOADING . CALLED PIONEER THEY SAY SEND IT BACK . I DECIEDED TO TRY TO UPLOAD 3.0 I BAUGHT FROM A LOCAL DEALER FOR 80 $ EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NOW CALLED PIONEER BACK AND THEY SAID THAT THE REASON THIS HAPPEND WAS THAT THE SD AUDIO FILE IN THE FLASH DRIVE WAS CORRUPT LIKE I SAID MINE WORKS GREAT NOW. CTOMASI

FOOD FOR THOUGHT THEY ALSO SAID THAT A HARDWARE BYPASS CAN CAUSE THE UNIT TO DO DUMB STUFF. I DONT BELIEVE IT THOUGH THE ALSO SAID THAT PEOPLE THAT GENERLY GET IN AND OUT OF THE CAR TURNING THE UNIT ON AND OFF ALL THE TIME CAN CAUSE THE FIRMWARE DAMAGE SPEND THE MONEY UP GRADE TO 3.0 IF U ALREADY HAVE 3.0 RELOAD THE FIRMWARE IM NEW TO ALL THIS BUT THIS WAS A FIX FOR ME

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY SD CARD SLOT. ALL IT WOULD DO WAS SAY LOADING . CALLED PIONEER THEY SAY SEND IT BACK . I DECIEDED TO TRY TO UPLOAD 3.0 I BAUGHT FROM A LOCAL DEALER FOR 80 $ EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NOW CALLED PIONEER BACK AND THEY SAID THAT THE REASON THIS HAPPEND WAS THAT THE SD AUDIO FILE IN THE FLASH DRIVE WAS CORRUPT LIKE I SAID MINE WORKS GREAT NOW. CTOMASI

FOOD FOR THOUGHT THEY ALSO SAID THAT A HARDWARE BYPASS CAN CAUSE THE UNIT TO DO DUMB STUFF. I DONT BELIEVE IT THOUGH THE ALSO SAID THAT PEOPLE THAT GENERLY GET IN AND OUT OF THE CAR TURNING THE UNIT ON AND OFF ALL THE TIME CAN CAUSE THE FIRMWARE DAMAGE SPEND THE MONEY UP GRADE TO 3.0 IF U ALREADY HAVE 3.0 RELOAD THE FIRMWARE IM NEW TO ALL THIS BUT THIS WAS A FIX FOR ME

how did you load 3.0 when the SD Card reader didnt read?