AVIC411.com

AV/2 Video Garbled

Alright, I've been seeing threads about AV/2 issues for a year but never seen a fix. I had a seperate DVD player hooked up to AV/1 but now that I have an iPod, AV/1 is now taken. I took the supplied 4/prong cable and although I get clear audio, as soon as I plug in video, I get a loud ground noise and the video is garbled.

I've tried a second cable with the same results. I've ruled out the DVD player because it works in AV/1 so what is the fix to getting video to work on AV/2.

where did you get the video mini cable? i have seen different cables have different pinouts, for instance the 5th gen Ipod i have has video out from the headphone cable, i have 3 or 4 different cables that i use to hook it up to AV in on TV's, most of the cables i use work fine, but i do have one where one of the audio plugs and the video plugs are switched (i have to plug the video into the audio plug and vise-verse) but that video cable works just fine plugged in the right way for the video camera that it came with, maybe the pioneer has a similar issue.

where did you get the video mini cable? i have seen different cables have different pinouts, for instance the 5th gen Ipod i have has video out from the headphone cable, i have 3 or 4 different cables that i use to hook it up to AV in on TV's, most of the cables i use work fine, but i do have one where one of the audio plugs and the video plugs are switched (i have to plug the video into the audio plug and vise-verse) but that video cable works just fine plugged in the right way for the video camera that it came with, maybe the pioneer has a similar issue.

I bought it from an electronics place online and soldered the female RCA jacks to it. The second cable (that worked fine using audio only for my iPod) came with my video camcorder. As for the pin-out, i've tried switching the leads around on my DVD player and can't get the video to work in any of the three.

to 1louds If you check in the installation manual it says threr are two different cables that will fit in AV2. I had the same problem with mine F90BT. the pin config is First pin L= Left Audio witch is the same on both cables Second pin on the CD-RM10 cable is correct would be R= right Audio but on the other cable it is a Video pin. The third pin is the same on both it is the Ground the fourth pin on CD-RM10 cable is Video. On the other cable it is the right Audio. If that helps. I just Switched the the RCAs to the proper terms and it works just Fine. :D

to 1louds If check you in the installation manual it says threr are two different cables that will fit in AV2. I had the same problem with mine F90BT. the pin config is First pin L= Left Audio witch is the same on both cables Second pin on the CD-RM10 cable is correct would be R= right Audio but on the other cable it is a Video pin. The third pin is the same on both it is the Ground the fourth pin on CD-RM10 cable is Video. On the other cable it is the right Audio. If that helps. I just Switched the the RCAs to the proper terms and it works just Fine. :D

wait what?

which pin does what for AV/2?

Pin 4 is video, not ground?