AVIC411.com

Quick reminder if you are getting a professional install

After reading through some threads on this forum I decided to go through the menus and check to see if my speed pulse was actually connected, and sure enough, it wasn't. I have a 2005 Ford Escape. I called the place where I had installed and they claimed that I "don't need it and it would be more trouble than it's worth to install because the wheels would have to be taken of to connect the wire" which of course makes absolutely no sense lol.

So I looked up online where the VSS wire was located in my vehicle and connected it myself in a little under 45 minutes with no prior experience installing car audio, so clearly it was not a difficult task. This place is usually very thorough, so much so that I didn't even think to verify if something as simple as this was done...so I was very surprised to get a BS answer from them.

Anyway, to anyone planning on getting one of these units, make sure you remind the installer to do this if you get it installed "professionally", and then verify it is done in the parking lot before you leave (settings -> navi settings -> connection status... the meter will increase as you accelerate)

Rob

LMAO WOW. I really hope you don't bring your car there anymore. If they are "professionals" they should know that they were full of shit. Where is this place and what is the company name?

That just sounds outrageous to me. VSS wires, while some are a PITA to get to, should be hooked up with ANY in-dash that has VSS.

That's the way my shop does it; proper installation is the key to making sure things work the way they should.