AVIC411.com

I am in the process of installing the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 (I broke down and purchased one). There is a face plate included with the head unit; how does it fit as it seems quite loose to me? I need to cover the edges of the HU (2003 Silverado) other wise there will be open space between the dash cover opening and the unit. I purchased an install bracket kit from Best Buys (Metra 99-2003) http://www.metraonline.com/ and have used the side mounting brackets to mount the unit in the dash. I have found the double din kit is to small (extremely tight) to fit around the front edge of the HU. What is being used to help fill the edges when using the AVIC-Z1? Any suggestions?

I looked at the web site suggested and found the face plates were the same type from best buys and Scosche. So I called Scosche Industries and found out they do not make a face plate that will fit the Pioneer AVIC Z1. Has anyone installed this unit with success using a ready made face plate? I am finding it hard to believe there are any face plates that will fit the unit without some cutting to make the opening larger to fit over the unit for use in a 2003 Silverado.