AVIC411.com

X910BT Installed! General questions about functionality.

First off i am loving it! and now to the questions...

1. GPS seems to be off when i come to a standstill at my house, it thinks i am about 12-15 houses away?

2. Is there anyway to control volume from the touchscreen?? I cant believe they did not include this, now i know why

there is a thread about a bigger button!

3. Which remote model do i need if i go that route?

4. Which format do my flash cards need to be in?(NFTS? FAT32?)

5.Anyway to speed up the boot time and getting thinks going quicker?

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

1. The house numbers on most navs are usually off. I work with many different brands and none of them are perfect. Sometimes it is only a couple houses off and sometimes it is off by a quarter mile. it varies from road to road. it is more frequent with residential addresses. this is just the map data and there's not much you can do about it.

2. no way to control the volume from the touch screen. you have to use the knob or your steering wheel controls if you have them.

3. there is no remote eye on the unit so the only "remote" you can use is the wired remote input for the steering wheel controls on the back of the unit.

4. SD cards need to be formatted in FAT32

5.These units are notorius for their slow boot times. there is no way to significantly speed up the boot time. some people suggest that removing SD cards or USB drive or ipods before start up helps but I dont know if this is true and is probabably more effort than its worth.

6) no you cannot use your default ipod/iphone cable and plug it into the USB input. this will only transfer the data and you will not get any sound. you need the pioneer-specific cable (or something similar) that has both USB and RCA cables built in.

• 3 months later...

Mine boots up significantly faster without a SD card or iPhone connected. I was actually surprised how fast it booted up and I was able to start using the unit right away with little lag. If I have a SD card in there, it takes at least 2 or 3 minutes before the thing works right.

• 3 months later...
Mine boots up significantly faster without a SD card or iPhone connected. I was actually surprised how fast it booted up and I was able to start using the unit right away with little lag. If I have a SD card in there, it takes at least 2 or 3 minutes before the thing works right.

Can you quantitatively define 'right away' in units of time?

change your source to radio, CD, or XM before you get out and music will start playing well before the unit is fully booted up, Ipod takes a little longer and SD takes a week or two before it starts working

for ex: a CD takes about 15 seconds to start playing, SD takes about 1:30 to start playing