AVIC411.com

SpeedCam modifications

Hi.

I have installed the free 1 year speed cam update on my F900BT v3.01.... and it works somewhat OK.

Some of the speed cameras is making that strange sound, but not all and they are the same type of camera.

Is there a file on my unit that I can modify so that everyone will make the same alert?

I have made a backup of my system, so I have a copy I can work with.

Do anyone have a better warning sound than the EU V3 version?

Tried searching, but could not fiend what I was looking for.

Hi.

I have installed the free 1 year speed cam update on my F900BT v3.01.... and it works somewhat OK.

Some of the speed cameras is making that strange sound, but not all and they are the same type of camera.

Is there a file on my unit that I can modify so that everyone will make the same alert?

I have made a backup of my system, so I have a copy I can work with.

Do anyone have a better warning sound than the EU V3 version?

Tried searching, but could not fiend what I was looking for.

where did u find a free 1 year update? does it have all the speed cams in the country? can u send me a link kinda getting tired of having to put my own in thanx

ctomasi

• 3 months later...
The speedcams setup is designed that if you are under the limit then they don't sound but if you are over the limit they do.

Is there any way this can be adjusted so they sound, say, when travelling at over 80% of the posted speed?

My old Garmin unit gives a soft bing and a grey warning when near the limit, and a loud bing and red warning when over the limit. Something similar would be useful, but i guess you have to do one of the complete UI mods...