AVIC411.com

Had a dead battery, had it replaced at AutoZone (optima yellow top) in a 2005 Honda Element running 2.000 of the software that was installed on the 700bt when I got it.

Now my 700BT has the following problems

1. The rear camera is working opposite of the it should be. In other words it stays on the back up camera unless the car is in reverse, in which case it then goes to the menu screen.

2. Pushing the volume button to activate the voice search function with my ipod, kills the sound to the unit. The only way to restore the sound is to turn off my vehicle and have the 700bt do a reboot when the vehicle starts.

3. My iphone 3g, when taking or making calls, it works for 3 seconds and then the person can no longer hear me, though I can hear them.

4. The factory sub in the Element isn't working. (it was prior)

5. VR mode won't complete a scan of my ipod photo 60 gig.

6. The touchscreen seems even less sensitive than normal.

I've tried resetting to factory, but doesn't seem to help.

Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Larry

Larry

Sounds like your unit has reset itself to the default settings when the power was cut to it.

1. Goto settings then back up camera and reverse your polarity settings.

2. Pushing the multi control for longer than 2 sec does mute the unit. Just press and hold again to unmute it.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Stati ... al0606.pdf

3. This could be a number of things. Was it working fine before? Ensure your AV1 is set to iPod. Failing that try a new cable.

4. Check your AV settings and check sub woofer is on.

5. I will assume that VR is set to on and the process won't complete. Again this could be an issue with the cable. I have had no problems with the Pioneer cable but most would say use Apple's.

6. Again becase of the power loss I would try and do a screen re-calibration. This is also found in settings.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Dave

thanks Dave, but nope, it's not muting the sound, it's KILLING the sound completely, I try doing what you said, but it doesn't correct the problem, also tried different polarity on the cam, that wasn't it, the whole unit is just acting wacky, I'm going to try to update the unit to the 2.0006 firmware... as a side note, the 3.0 software upgrade is on amazon for only $60!!!

well I tried updating to 2.00006

I installed 2.00006, thought it was successful, followed the instructions to the letter, then when trying to update the TTS files, the system froze, froze hard, I hit the reset button, and now the system goes into this endless loop:

It starts up, shows my flash screen, goes to the menu with the "system still starting please wait or something like that" at that point i can go to the ipod section, but it won't play because it tries to go to VR mode. I can go to the HD radio but can't hear the station clearly because I can't go to settings at set the antenna to power. The settings button doesn't work. then it restarts by itself and does the same thing... over... and over... and over...

HELP!

the good thing is the back up camera is working now.

• 3 weeks later...

My unit is doing the same thing with killing the sound. As soon as I push the button, all sound is killed and the only way to get it back is to reboot the system.

After much searching, I finally found another thread with several people compaining of the same issue. The only suggestions given were to reinstall the update software. I'm going to give it a shot, and I'll post back with the results.

• 6 months later...