AVIC411.com

Garmin's MapSource TOPO maps on AVIC??

Hi all!

I should start by saying thank you! I have been using this site since my N1 came out years ago, and now with my Z110 I'm still going strong. This is my first post here though...

I have installed an F-700BT in my jeep, and I can't find any information on "TOPO" maps. I would love to get them on this unit. Does anyone know if I can or can't do that??

Thanks!

Jason

Not familiar with the 700 but on the 900 you can run Oziexplorer for CE and use Topo maps no Problem. Just use test mode to access winCE.

Also I believe you can use Leetlauncher on the 900 with Garmin and Topo maps but not sure about the 700.

As BorisM states both methods are hacks.

700/900/90 are pretty much the same as far as software goes, so it would work on any of them.

Of course, you could run Ozi, or Garmin, or something else straight from Testmode, but that sort of defeats the purpose of having an integrated A/V headunit with navigation, IMHO.

People at 4PDA.RU have made pretty good progress running third-party navigation alongside or instead of iGO, but it all does require more hacking of the unit then usual.

Not familiar with the 700 but on the 900 you can run Oziexplorer for CE and use Topo maps no Problem. Just use test mode to access winCE.

Also I believe you can use Leetlauncher on the 900 with Garmin and Topo maps but not sure about the 700.

As BorisM states both methods are hacks.

Thanks!! I'll probably just do that... Since I always turn off the sound when I'm offroad, I love my music but I need to hear when I am breaking my Jeep!