AVIC411.com

Aussie v3.0 Update

Just got my free upgrade in the mail, delivered by courier. Was due back in August and I was starting to think they forgot about us. The password is well hidden on the Pioneer website and when it was eventually found it did not work. A call to Pioneer HQ, and I was informed to use the Euro page which worked correctly. Update went smooth other than that.

Touch response is massively improved. My bluetooth Mic now pics up my voice alot better, with a few test calls showing they can hear me alot clearer. Not sure if it is placebo, but the GPS seems to pick up signal alot quicker than previous. Yet to have a play with the SUNA traffic info.

So who else in Oz got their update?

Still waiting on mine but it is coming, so pioneer tell me. I'm glad you mentioned the bluetooth, my mic volume isn't too good. I just thought it was the position but maybe v3 will help fix it. I can't wait to get Suna working. We've been playing 15.1 maps for a while but can't get SUNA working. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23158

Do you have a link to the euro activation page that you used?

Anyone have any good modified data.zip's to use with an Aussie V3. I've been using GTIMatt's which has been great (Speedlimit signs, better compass, better layout, TMC link and delete route and mute buttons).

• 11 months later...

I just got a refurb F900 from Pioneer Australia, but am not sure it has the latest. Can someone please check their version numbers match mine?

Map 02.000600

Version 3.020300

Software by Pioneer 2009

NNG

Australia (something) R15dot1

© Sensis 081027

Assuming it does, anyone have files they used for modding? (or can confirm which US mods work safely)

Yep that's the update that was released last year as a free update for users on V14 maps. The map update was about 1 year out of date even before release, but it did activate SUNA (traffic).

I've got mine hacked to use updated maps R16.1 or R17 I think, can't remember. My unit it still working fine after 2 years.

34by151 was working on an update to the system. Not sure if he still is, I haven't heard from him for a while. I've been a bit out of the mod scene for a bit because I just didn't have the time and the unit just frustrated me in the end... still does every day! On my next car I'll be using my iphone for navigation & bluetooth and I will have a separate video system for the kids with headphones so that I don't have to listed to Shaun the Sheep every car trip!

Avic411 has some great mods but just be careful and back it all up before you start!!! You have been warned.

Lacehim