AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel Controls

I was looking onto some posts. And i was wondering if steering wheel control is worth it. To be honest, I find that i use the HU more often. But I found out from a fellow member on another forum that the SW controls only control the volume (at least on his 9140). so the phone buttons dont work. and about the only 2 SW controls for the radio. the rest are to navigate the onboard computer.

sorry for the ignorant questions but I will still have my onboard computer controls, just not volume or technically phone controls right? since it didnt work for the 9140, i was wondering if the z110bt SW controls workd on the phone option for your cars as well. 150 seems to be a lot to spend for volume control. LOL

Brian

The PAC SWI-PS module works for: volume, track skip/preset, source, mute\attenuate, seek, band, answer call, end call, and now VR(version 1.68) All of these functions are available if you have buttons on your steering wheel to program them to. And your friend is wrong about the 9140 as well. The SWI-JACK for that unit will work for all of the above mentioned functions accept phone functions.

The PAC SWI-PS module works for: volume, track skip/preset, source, mute\attenuate, seek, band, answer call, end call, and now VR(version 1.68) All of these functions are available if you have buttons on your steering wheel to program them to. And your friend is wrong about the 9140 as well. The SWI-JACK for that unit will work for all of the above mentioned functions accept phone functions.

will the new SWIPS activate VR on the X series as well or just the Z?

hey vblue. I was looking on a site for SW controls, and it had the regular one and one that said it was updated (v1) of the item. does it matter if i get the updated version or will the old one work?

I believe you are talking about Sonicelectronix, I saw that to. However, the V1 distinction I don't believe means it is version 1.68. They have had that on their site for months. Most dealers don't have the new version in stock and wont get it until they go through their older stock of version 1.67. The best thing to do is call them and ask. I am having my local dealer check for me on the 1.68 version.

As long as you have a button on your steering wheel that you can program the PAC to you can use that function, but only with the new 1.68 version. For instance, I have a 08 Civic Ex. It has three steering wheel buttons: VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN, and a MODE button. Currently I have the MODE button programed to BAND so I can switch bands on my XM radio. However, I can program that button to any of several other functions: SOURCE, ANSWER CALL, END CALL, etc. So, that button will be rededicated to VR once I get my new module.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo....Im trying to find the 1.6.8 revision and it seems that nobody specifies which one they're selling. I noticed that some have the picture of the SWI-PS and it has the "bluetooth logo/supports pioneer bluetooth functions" on the package. for example http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SWI-PS-SWIPS-STEERING-WHEEL-CONTROL-INTERFACE_W0QQitemZ260487501662QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca643d75e is this the 1.6.8 version?

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I have been looking and emailing everyone and no luck. I was about to give up and just get the 1.6.7 until the 168 was more readily available. I tried to call and they are closed on saturdays, so I went ahead and ordered it and followed it up with an email letting them know that i need the 168. Thanks yet AGAIN for the help you are truly an asset to these forums! :D