AVIC411.com

iphone contacts >> AVIC Z110BT

I have the below and want to transfer my contacts from the iphone to the avic z110bt unit.

I am new to both the iphone and avic z110bt units.

AVIC Z110BT version 01.0000

iphone 3gs 32meg version 3.1.2

I've read the manual and it gets to a point and says to do the transfer from my iphone.

I have looked and don't know where on the iphone that I do the transfer from.

I do have the little app on the iphone “avicfeeds” and there is an icon on the avic z110bt, but is not lit, it is like grayed out.

anyone out there that has a step by step solution?

I would really appreciate your help on this, please.

thanks

dick

I can use the iphone to call and receive calls, there is no problem there.

the phone is a registered phone.

the issue I have is with transfer of the contacts that are on the iphone to the avic z110bt unit.

page 87 does walk you thru the steps, but on the avic z110bt unit, a pop up comes up and says "send business card by operating moble phone.

where on the iphone do I do this, that is my question

thanks

I apologize, did not make myself clear.

(as long as the iphone is connected, I have the “contact list”, but once you disconnect the iphone, the contact list goes away, because it is part of the phone)

I want to transfer my contact list that I have on the iphone to the avic z110bt address book, the address book that comes up when using the navigation.

Is there a way to transfer the contact list or do I have to enter the 200+ addresses that I have on my iphone manually to the avic z110bt unit?

On another note: should the avicfeeds on the avic z110bt unit be highlighted, mine is not useable, it is like grayed out. Is that a way to transfer the contact list that is on the iphone to the address book on the avic z110bt unit?

There is no way to do what you are asking. The BT software in the unit will upload the contacts info upon each restart of the unit. All address info stored as part of the contact in the phone is ignored by the unit. The contacts feature on the unit is just for phone contacts, no street addresses. If you do want to have all of your address stored in the unit then yes, you will have to do that manually in the favorites app on the unit. Also the AVIC FEEDS icon on the unit is used when you have custom POI's stored on SD card. These POI's are stored on the SD card from the AVIC FEEDS PC app, not the iphone app. The iphone app allows you to search for a POI and have it imported as a POI from the CONTACTS menu on the unit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys there is a work around for the first person asking for help... Make sure that ur iPhone saves a contact with the proper address (directions). Then on your radio look at the phone contacts over the left side normally has a letter "C" for contact but the ones created using "avicfeed" from your iPhone will have a "M" for map! Touch the "M" and it will take you to the map click ok an it will take you there. By the way I just learned this being frustrated trying the same as the first person asking... So far I have done this 3 times with success.