AVIC411.com

AVIC-F900BT - United States Model in Australia

Hi,

Im interested in purchasing a AVIC-F900BT but dont like the Australian price tag associated with it. I can purchase the US version for half the price and get it shipped over but have been notified that they are region specific and that I would be unable to update the GPS maps for Australia. The other thing i was worried about was using SUNA. In America it seems u use the MSN Direct system although I'm not sure if they're the same thing or different

Is there any possible way to reflash the unit with Australian firmware for use over here?

Cheers

Toby

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tobsta,

any luck??

i have purchased US version and i can get aus maps to work, however when aus maps are running the bluetooth doesnt work..

it is a bit annoying and i havent been able to find a decent solution.

what i do is put both aus maps and us maps on. when i want maps i go into testmode and load aus maps and sacrifice bluetooth and swicth back when i dont need maps.

did you end up finding the posts about the eu version i cant seem to find it... if you found it a link would be appreciated.

thanks,

UPDATE!!! hehe

you were right the problem was the device type. i had used your v3 update already hence the reason why it was set to eu to begin with. just went to sys.txt and changed last 2 digits to "UC" and everything apart from tmc works.

tmc is not such a biggie for me so im not upset at all. i dont blv the tmc is worth the extra 800 bucks i would have spent on an aus unit.

thanks heaps 34by151 you have been a pleasure to deal with and hope to see more of your updates soon.

Cheers,

Well I might actually do the same. Was it hard to do the update? If I'm going to buy a US version i wanna make sure Im doing the update right. Do i have to update to version 3 firmware before the update? Also if i ever want to update maps in the future will it be as simple as changing the maps or will i have to use another hacked update? I don't really want TMC for the 800 bucks. I may as well spend it on better speakers or something like that

Maps are just the files loaded in the apl2/content/ directories. You can have as many as you like. Each set of maps has a license file. My update has the license files for all areas. So if you plan to ship your car back to the US you can leave the us maps in place. The other part is the changes in the /apl folder to stop the driver warnings.

Remember at any time you can put the oem files back or restore your backup

cheers

35by151

Yes you will have VR but no TMC.

Btw if you have V2 Firmware you can update that too using my V2 Updates, again links i the OZ Map thread.

Speaking VR can either of you send me your Backup, prior to applying the updates. That will give me a chance to work on VR for OZ units

Cheers

34by151

Yeah i can do that for sure. I just ordered mine today. Im just wondering about ur update. Do i need to update everthing ur included. I mean data.zip and stuff? Which parts of you australian map update will i need to update onto my US unit?

Does that also include POI for australia?