AVIC411.com

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...

So the IPod integration (CD-IU50V) hogs the sole USB port? With no support for a hub?

If so, I would assume that my best option would be to run a USB extension and a 3.5mm extension, to say, my center console(where I currently store my Ipod) and flush mount the female ends to the inside of the console??? Then I could unplug the IPod USB and still be able to hook up a thumb drive?

I thought I read somewhere that the CD-IU50V is 5' long?

• 2 weeks later...

Well cheers people. I tested usb hub that was lying around to see if it works.

It did but only in certain way. If you USB drive connected and you connect iphone, it does not work. But i connected Iphone first and then connected Usb drive and both show as active and i was able to play both of them after one another. My usb hub was usb 1.1 so i'm gonna run and get usb 2.0 so that it does not effect the performance of either one of them.

VB please make sure you have tested things before you go advising people.

post-31722-12872760594211_thumb.jpg

post-31722-12872760595808_thumb.jpg

post-31722-12872760596942_thumb.jpg

VB please make sure you have tested things before you go advising people.

Below are two such post where you posted wrong and inaccurate info. So check yourself next time NOOB!!!

Both version looks different as well. 1.68 is Blue housing, while 1.67 was black housing.

WRONG!!!

I just finished installing Z110 with pac swi-ps in 2007 hyundai santa fe and programmed my mute button on steering to VR. For that you have to have swi-ps version 1.6.7 onwards which supports answer call, end call, phone status and VR.

WRONG!!!

Heres number three!!!

No need to buy separate cable. I used iphone charging cable with 3.5 jack cable that i bought from frys for $0.99.

:roll:

It works perfectly and i can use usb drive when and where i need it, if you buy that cable then you are stuck with using ipod/iphone and no usb drives.

WRONG!!! This will not support video on any current ipods or iphones.

Both version looks different as well. 1.68 is Blue housing, while 1.67 was black housing.

WRONG!!!

Nope. Can't believe what you say anymore.

Show me a 1.6.7 with blue housing and i believe you.

I just finished installing Z110 with pac swi-ps in 2007 hyundai santa fe and programmed my mute button on steering to VR. For that you have to have swi-ps version 1.6.7 onwards which supports answer call, end call, phone status and VR.

WRONG!!!

please read it carefully, i said 1.6.7 onwards not 1.6.7.

for your reference to understands what onwards is

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/onwards

PAC SWIPS version 1.6.7 are blue...

swipsv1.jpg

And as for the USB hub... although they say that it's not supported, doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work, or at least half way work... Just means that Pioneer will not guarantee or support it. There is probably too many different hubs and standards for them to justify the cost of Customer support and development for it.

And as for the USB hub... although they say that it's not supported, doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work, or at least half way work... Just means that Pioneer will not guarantee or support it. There is probably too many different hubs and standards for them to justify the cost of Customer support and development for it.

Clearly, that is why I responded to the OP that it stated in the manual that it was not supported. I did not know for sure so I did not say for sure.

Clearly, that is why I responded to the OP that it stated in the manual that it was not supported. I did not know for sure so I did not say for sure.

Ahead of you there... just putting it out there in case "noob" didn't quite understand your post...BTW, I'm a 110BT Noob as well :oops:

Seriously though... I just flipped through Pioneer's PDF on their site.... It actually says "cannot be used with a USB hub"... In which case, I'd be careful as to how much current you pull through that hub...even if you got it to half ass work...

It would have been alot better had they included two USB ports so that you could have the best of both worlds...

Honestly, I wouldn't mind an updated IPOD IP-Bus adapter for this unit, if possible...

I And as far as you being a noob, you havnt made a complete ass of yourself like the other one has so your good. :twisted:

It doesn't matter to me how much you want to say 'noob' but this 'noob' just proved you wrong on one occasion and you are not ready to accept that.

As far as i confusing people, i do accept that i made some posts in hurry without testing it but in future will make sure that i have tested things first unlike you who won't accept it.