AVIC411.com

Via Specific Road?

IS there a mod that lets me specificy, by typing, a road to travel via.

Thanks,

e39m5

Not specifically. You can avoid a road by a specific distance or altogether but I have not seen to "take a specific road".

I usually use the multiroute and one of the alternate route methods will often take the route that I want. Works well if I am in an area that I am unfamiliar with and need to get out of.

Thanks,

e39m5

I don't think there's any Navi system that lets you specify a specific road you want to take, but what you could do is insert a via point on the road you want to use. If the unit still take you to the highway, say, just add more vias...

Thanks,

e39m5

I don't think there's any Navi system that lets you specify a specific road you want to take, but what you could do is insert a via point on the road you want to use. If the unit still take you to the highway, say, just add more vias...

Agreed... I think the argument for this feature is that if you know what road you want to take then you mostly know where you are going and may not need navigation. If its because you don't know the destination then just start the navigation from the road that you desire once you get there. Otherwise the via method after the destination is programmed.

Agreed... I think the argument for this feature is that if you know what road you want to take then you mostly know where you are going and may not need navigation. If its because you don't know the destination then just start the navigation from the road that you desire once you get there. Otherwise the via method after the destination is programmed.

I think it's mostly because it is practically impossible to code a reasonable routing algorithm that would go through a certain road, unless you would also have to specify which _stretch_ of the road to take. Otherwise there'd be too many options, and what if the best route would only take you across that road through an intersection etc. Is that enough of taking a specified road?