AVIC411.com

z110bt steering wheel with audi

i have an 06 audi s4 with steering wheel controls for track/station up and down, MODE, volume and I have what Audi would use as a voice activation button. It would be for the factory navigation/bluetooth if it was installed. what is the adapter for the z110bt for this? will the voice activation button be able to be programmed for the z110bt voice activation? thanks

You will need the PAC SWI-PS for the Z and likely a PAC module for your vehicle. Also be aware that the VR option from the PS has just been implemented with version 1.68 and most dealers do not yet have them in stock. It will likely need to be special ordered through your dealer to get the new version. At the point of order you should specify version 1.68 sense most dealers will want to get rid of their existing 1.67 which will not give you VR. One last thing, you will only get track up/seek or preset up/no track up with the module. The PAC modules will allow programing of all features if you have enough buttons on your steering wheel. Unfortunately most steering wheels combine track up/preset up with one set of buttons but the Pioneer head units require two sets of buttons to do both.

I'm not sure what the diffence is between track up/seek and preset up.

On my 2007 santa fe, i installed z with pac swi-ps (1.68).

I have mode, volume up/down, track up/down and mute button on my steering wheel.

I programmed my mute button for VR and mode for source. Volume up/down for same and track up/down same as well.

When i keep my track up/down for while it fast forward the song or if i'm on radio then it skips to next available station. If i press and release it, it will change the track in music and if on radio then skips 1 or 2 points at a time.

Most of the online places don't specify version number. If you order online without specifying that to a live person you probably are going to get the older version which will not support VR. The best bet is to call before you order and make sure you are getting version 1.68 if you want to have VR support.

With the announcement of the 1.68 SWIPS, I'm now looking into upgrading to the 110BT from my current Z3....Having VC(Voice command) was the only thing holding me back from getting the 110BT. I'm currently using a SWIX on my Z3 to get VC....

One thing that I did wrong when programming my SWIX, is that I only have two buttons on my steering wheel for "tracking"... basically track up and track down.... When listening to music on the HDD, I keep it set to random, and to skip to the next random song, you have to use the "P.List" buttons on the Z3... So I programmed those to steering wheel buttons for P.List up and down instead of track up and down... The problem with that, is that when listening to my IPod, which is set to random(no playlist defined), to be able to skip to the next song, you have to use the track buttons on the Z3...

Had I thought about it when I was programming the SWIX, I would have programmed one button to P.List up and the other button to Track up... since I almost never go down, and I would have had the best of both worlds....

So to my question..... does this still hold true to the Z110BT? And/or can I program the SWIPS to P.List Up and Track Up(like described above)?

Also... From what I've read here, it almost sounds as "VR" and "answer" are two different things? Whereas on my Z3, you use the same button for both....ie they have two roles which is determined by what's going on...

IMG_0218_1-1.jpg

Well sense there is no hard drive on the 110 there is no P.list feature so you should not have to program two different functions. The PS functions for TRACK/SEEK with the same function. All digital media sources, ie: (DVD, CD, iPod) all function with TRACK UP/DOWN which also controls SEEK UP/DOWN for all Radio sources. With the PS, you can not have TRACK for digital media sources and PRESET for radio sources. It is either TRACK/SEEK or PRESET. So, if you are not going to be using the radio a lot for presets then program it for TRACK/SEEK so you can utilize your iPod for full function. Now VR and ANSWER CALL are two different programed functions and can not be combined. Based on the pic you provided, I would program the phone functions to the phone buttons on the steering wheel and program VR to the button you have labeled as not used. Hope this helps.

Thanks VBlue42..... I think I understand...

On the 110BT the only choices you have are track and preset... And only the radio uses "preset"... Which I suppose is similar to the Z3's "P.List", as it also is what you use to jump through radio presets. But instead, the 110BT uses "track" to skip through CD/SD/IPod media, even in random mode?

Would it make sense to program my track down button to "preset up" and my track up button to "track up"? Or are you saying that the PS cannot do this? I guess either way, it doesn't matter, as long as the "preset" button has no other functions other than jump through radio presets... hell, if you have a VC button programmed, then just use voice to jump through presets...

As for my "not used" button... I originally was trying to program that button for VC... But for whatever reason, it was bleeding over to my "volume down" button... I have no idea if it's an issue coming from my truck, or the SWIX.... But when it was programmed, volume down and VC would fight each other... It turned out working much better to not use it, once I realized how the VC1 remote and Z3 worked...Hopefully it won't be an issue with the newer SWIPS....

Sorry to stink up the thread.... It's been kind of an issue with my Z3 and I'd like to get it nailed down this time. I've played with a demo, but without a SD or IPod, it doesn't help much...Thanks

Would it make sense to program my track down button to "preset up" and my track up button to "track up"? Or are you saying that the PS cannot do this?

Yes, that would work and is a very good idea Im not sure anyone has thought of before.

hell, if you have a VC button programmed, then just use voice to jump through presets...

Actually that is not supported for skipping tracks or presets. You can skip pages with VR when viewing a list of address or Artist but not to skip tracks.

As for my "not used" button... I originally was trying to program that button for VC... But for whatever reason, it was bleeding over to my "volume down" button... I have no idea if it's an issue coming from my truck, or the SWIX.... But when it was programmed, volume down and VC would fight each other... It turned out working much better to not use it, once I realized how the VC1 remote and Z3 worked...Hopefully it won't be an issue with the newer SWIPS....

I would certainly give it another shot. That is a good button to use if you can get it to work.

Sorry to stink up the thread.... It's been kind of an issue with my Z3 and I'd like to get it nailed down this time. I've played with a demo, but without a SD or IPod, it doesn't help much...Thanks

Dont know if you have seen them yet, but I have some real world demo vids on you tube that will give you a better idea of how everything works. Check out the thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26954

hell, if you have a VC button programmed, then just use voice to jump through presets...

Actually that is not supported for skipping tracks or presets. You can skip pages with VR when viewing a list of address or Artist but not to skip tracks.

I just meant for listening to the radio... If I were to not program the "preset" functions... then while listening to radio, you can just use VC "preset 1"..."preset 4"...etc.... Although I haven't read the full list of available commands yet...

Watching vids now..... Thanks