AVIC411.com

Data.zip hates me!

:lol: I need some help. I have no problem getting into the unit. Adding mods and hacking the AV section(image.res ) etc.. But every time I touch the data.zip and try to change stuff there, It screws up the unit and constantly reboots. :oops::x

Can anybody give a walkthrough on exactly how to work with this thing? Right now I'm trying, again, to change some images. But keep failing. I've been told to save images as regular BMP's, which I've done, zip data back up and should be ok. But that hasnt worked so far.

Can someone post a step by step on how to save images that go in data.zip, and a step by step on how to zip the data.zip back up?

PLEASE! and Thank you. 8)

Rob

To un-zip I use Extract Now. To re-zip it, I just right click and Send to zip folder. :?

That is what seems to be the problem. I had the same problem with a different program. I use 7z to extract it to "Data/" and then to rezip it, I use WinRar to zip it to Data.zip.. After it is rezipped, double check it by double clicking it and it should open up the zip file in winrar and you should see the 6 folders (or 7 if you have the ui_igo folder), plus the .dat file and the .txt file. If you just see a Data folder, then you have zipped it wrong

Can y'all help me with the iPAQ image thing? Want to be able to see the images in PS but cant get them converted with iPAQ. :x

What is the issue you are having? When you browse with ipaq you will see the image in the window on the right. There are 4 blue buttons across the top to save it as. If its in ipaq format already then save it as a bmp (RGB). If its a BMP with transparent (alpha) alpha layers then use the aRGB format. It will preserve the alpha layers. Then you can open it in PS.

You are using the one from here right?

http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t/