AVIC411.com

Honda Civic/PAC SWI-PS

I just installed a Z110BT in my 2010 Civic Hybrid. Everything seems to be working OK with the exception of my PAC SWI-PS (rev 1.68). I set it to version 3, cleared the existing programming, but I cannot get it accept any new programming. I followed the wiring instructions for a 2006-2008 Civic since they did not have anything newer, but now I wonder if those are correct. There are three connectors in my Civic (two grey, one white), whereas most of the 8th gen Civic posts I've seen have just the two grey connectors. Pin 6 and 7 on my grey 20 pin connector are still the brown and pink wires, so hopefully they are still good. Did anything change recently that I need to take into account? Thanks.

When you press the button on the steering wheel while programing, does the red light come on the PAC module. If it doesn't then you might want to check the wires you have tapped to. Also, these modules are very sensitive to how you ground them. I had to ground mine straight to the battery to get consistent results.

I get no light when I press the volume button when programming. I'm not sure how to go about checking the wires I tapped. I looked at http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e-el ... ation.html. At the bottom of the original post, it says the resistance will change when you press a button. I think I have a multimeter that I could use to check. Is that the right approach?

Also, I have the white and the black PAC wires connected with a 5100 ohm resistor per their instructions. Sound right?

I tied all the grounds for the AVIC, the PAC, and rear camera together and pigtailed to one location. I did the parking bypass so I have the following in the grounding bundle: parking brake, mute, camera, PAC, AVIC, brown steering wheel ground (Honda connector), ground from main Honda connector (via Metra adapter). Any issues with bundling all together? I think it's sort of double-grounded since the Honda connector is already grounded and I am including that wire (from the Metra adapter) into the ground bundle which I have attached to a frame bolt.

I suppose as a test I could run a temporary ground directly from PAC to the battery and see what happens.

That's a lot to one ground for the PAC. I had the same approach and I only got about 5% success from the PAC. After I grounded the PAC to the battery I get 98% success from the module. Also, which conrol wire from the Honda side did you tap the PAC into? Are you able to program any commands to the PAC.

I have the white PAC tied to pink Honda pin 7; black PAC and brown Honda pin 6 are tied to ground. Black and white PAC have 5100 ohm connection. Red PAC is connected to red from Metra connector (along with red from AVIC connector and red from camera).

I am not able to program any commands to the PAC.

I don't think it matters, but I joined the black PAC and brown Honda at a pigtail that goes to the ground bolt. Some people connect the black PAC and brown Honda first, and then run the joined connection to the ground bolt.

Yes, I stuck with all the grounds bundled; I successfully resolved the issue before I tested a dedicated ground. I know VBLUE42 had issues with ground sensitivity, but maybe it has improved with the latest PAC version 1.68.

Also, I know some other people have had issues with a slight delay when they press the steering wheel buttons, but my response seems pretty instantaneous. The nice thing about 1.68 is that I was able to program the Mode steering wheel button to trigger voice recognition on the AVIC, which I find really convenient.

FYI, when you program the PAC, you need to move pretty fast when programming. If you wait too long between button presses, you will see the LED flash which means the unit has already moved to the next command. You don't really have enough time to press a button and then look down to read what the instructions about what comes next. I found that I needed to memorize the sequence of what I would do (vol +, vol -, skip, track +, track - ,skip, skip, skip, etc.) and then execute very quickly.

Yes, I stuck with all the grounds bundled; I successfully resolved the issue before I tested a dedicated ground. I know VBLUE42 had issues with ground sensitivity, but maybe it has improved with the latest PAC version 1.68.

FYI, when you program the PAC, you need to move pretty fast when programming.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to bundle all the grounds then. Also thanks for the info on the quick programing...I was wondering about that.